autosaves gone

panda_gamer87

The autosave slots for survival mode have disappeared. In addition to the checkpoints, there are usually about 3 autosave slots available. While playing, I will see the in-game saving animation (typically it appears after sleeping, entering a house, or a wolf struggle). However, recently, if I cut off the game after seeing the autosave, when I next get on to load my game, I start at an older save from 10-15 minutes prior. I'm not sure why the save file doesn't load properly. Also, if I select load, I no longer get to choose which file to load. Typically, you can see your last checkpoint and the 3 autosave slots, but now you can't. What's going on?

On 1/25/2021 at 8:15 AM, Stinky socks said:

Multiple autosave and checkpoints are only in wintermute(storymode). In survival, there is only one save and it's always autosave whenever you get bruised, poisoned, enter cabin, ect..

That still doesn't seem right. I'm certain I've been able to choose whether or not to load from an autosave file or the checkpoint in survival mode. The checkpoint shows up after a certain time and it says you have survives so many days and hours.

• 3 weeks later...

This morning I loaded my game and went about harvesting a few wolf hides and a deer hide from the previous day. Put them down to cure in my cave base. Took care of my hunger and thirst to head back out.

IRL was out of coffee so had to run to the store quickly. Created a save thru the deck of cards icon in the radial quick wheel menu. 

When I returned (now with that morning cup of coffee in hand) and loaded the game I was back to my morning save. Lost all progress from the in game day. I know I saw the hatchet icon when I passed time.

I was able to harvest everything again fairly quickly so no big deal. Just wondering what happened.

It doesn't create a save as far as I know. If you need to save you would have to get hurt, sleep at least 1 hour or enter a home or area that has loading screen.

If you can't do any of those, but need to co ti ue after a short real life errand, leave the game running, and put computer to sleep. I do it all the time.

18 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

It doesn't create a save as far as I know. If you need to save you would have to get hurt, sleep at least 1 hour or enter a home or area that has loading screen.

If you can't do any of those, but need to co ti ue after a short real life errand, leave the game running, and put computer to sleep. I do it all the time.

I usually do save by sleeping. That's my preferred method but passing time does say that it saved and shows the icon.