Adding Map Modes

MrMertTuna

Hello. I'm playing TLD for 1 month. I finished story mode twice easy and normal so I tried to play survival mod. But I don't know the map pretty good. I only know pleasent valley mystery lake and Mountain Town. So its so hard to survive in another region. 

So I think you should add a map mod to custom survival mod. Map modes. So there will be 3 modes. 

First will be "normal" mod: This mod will be like survival mod we have to draw the map by coal.

Second will be "basicmap" mod: This mod will give us the map that we don't have to draw but we don't see where are we in the map we just know the map.

Third will be "GPS" mod: This mod is like second but we also know where are we in the map like in story mode.

I hope you will add this.

I'm so sorry for my english mistakes. I can reply any questions.

9 hours ago, MrMertTuna said:

Hello. I'm playing TLD for 1 month. I finished story mode twice easy and normal so I tried to play survival mod. But I don't know the map pretty good. I only know pleasent valley mystery lake and Mountain Town. So its so hard to survive in another region. 

So I think you should add a map mod to custom survival mod. Map modes. So there will be 3 modes. 

First will be "normal" mod: This mod will be like survival mod we have to draw the map by coal.

Second will be "basicmap" mod: This mod will give us the map that we don't have to draw but we don't see where are we in the map we just know the map.

Third will be "GPS" mod: This mod is like second but we also know where are we in the map like in story mode.

Firstly, your English is very good!

I think there is a fair chance of this being looked at as a custom option, given that in the darkwalker mode I think the maps were unlocked.

One thing I would suggest at the moment though is to enjoy getting lost!  You will soon find that you start to notice landmarks and plan routes well, which does change the dynamics of the game somewhat (but can be very satisfying).  I love a new region coming out so I have that feeling of going into the unknown, so try and embrace it if you can!  Plus I think even the devs have said they still get lost in blizzards after all these years- knowing where you are is one thing, knowing the direction of the thing you are aiming for is another...

On the flipside, and somewhat contradicting the above point, there are some very talented cartographers in the community, and it's not too hard to find very detailed maps of all the regions- it was amazing how quickly people got one out for Ash Canyon.  I made quite a lot of use of these when I first started playing, until I got settled and comfortable with planning routes.  it can also help with tricky things such as if you are trying to find a particular location for an achievement and don't want to go around the whole map.

Finally, don't forget the spray cans- there's loads of them , so you can leave markers and arrows at strategic places to help find your way back to a base.  Hope that helps!

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 11:26 AM, MrMertTuna said:

Also I forgot that this feature will be in custom mode.