Add these futures plz.

Timberwolf123

Chance a loud noise will trigger a avalanche which you will need to find cover quickly if its heading to you.  And more animals like mountain lion,elk, and fishers.

Also make it so we can have the ability to build our own cabins by cutting down trees:)

Edited by Timberwolf123
Had to edit a miss spelled word.
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Timberwolf123 said:

Chance a loud noise will trigger a avalanche which you will need to find cover quickly if its heading to you.  

That sounds cool but unfortunately I don't think the game could handle it seems like a technical headache for hinterland to program this feature. 

And more animals like mountain lion,elk, and fishers.

More animals are always a plus if implemented properly. Obviously they can't add too much or it'll throw off the balance of the game that being said elk would just be like the current deer the same but different name and look though variety wouldn't be terrible I just don't see what it would add gameplay wise. Mountain lions, (also know as a puma or cougars) that I just don't see it fitting with The Long Dark in my head it just doesn't fit the feel of the game though of course I wouldn't know for sure until it is added and that's an if it's added. Like always any major change like this I would prefer to have the option to disable it in custom mode.

Lastly I'm not for sure what you meant by "fishers" do you mean more fish species? If so I wouldn't be against it, it would be visual as it really doesn't affect how much you get they'll just look different.

Also make it so we can have the ability to build our own cabins by cutting down trees:)

Eh to be honest I feel this would hurt the game as one of the challenges is to stay warm there is trees aplenty in the game so if you could just simply chop some trees then suddenly have a constantly above freezing shack wherever you wish then a  major survival aspect would become non existent that being temperature. Not to mention in a survival situation you wouldn't build a full on shack especially since you're already near some pre-built ones. I will offer a replacement suggestion though. I wouldn't mind seeing a buildable lean-to shelter made with sticks and a bunch of cloth it would be cheaper than a snowshelter and it won't provide as much protection from the cold as a snowshelter, but will provide a wind shield so fires won't blow out as easy. 

Edited by LoneWolf5841
Spelling and punctuation fixes.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf5841 said:

That sounds cool but unfortunately I don't think the game could handle it seems like a technical headache for hinterland to program this feature. 

More animals are always a plus if implemented properly. Obviously they can't add too much or it'll throw off the balance of the game that being said elk would just be like the current deer the same but different name and look though variety wouldn't be terrible I just don't see what it would add gameplay wise. Mountain lions, (also know as a puma or cougars) that I just don't see it fitting with The Long Dark in my head it just doesn't fit the feel of the game though of course I wouldn't know for sure until it is added and that's an if it's added. Like always any major change like this I would prefer to have the option to disable it in custom mode.

Lastly I'm not for sure what you meant by "fishers" do you mean more fish species? If so I wouldn't be against it, it would be visual as it really doesn't affect how much you get they'll just look different.

Eh to be honest I feel this would hurt the game as one of the challenges is to stay warm there is trees aplenty in the game so if you could just simply chop some trees then suddenly have a constantly above freezing shack wherever you wish then a  major survival aspect would become non existent that being temperature. Not to mention in a survival situation you wouldn't build a full on shack especially since you're already near some pre-built ones. I will offer a replacement suggestion though. I wouldn't mind seeing a buildable lean-to shelter made with sticks and a bunch of cloth it would be cheaper than a snowshelter and it won't provide as much protection from the cold as a snowshelter, but will provide a wind shield so fires won't blow out as easy. 

You have  good points there and by fishers I mean fisher cats.   Also maybe add the old bear to survival mode? But you can kill it or scare it with a gun/flare  gun And then it takes a few days to re spawn if you can kill it with a gun and then it can continue to hunt you again once it re spawns after a few days.

11 minutes ago, Timberwolf123 said:

You have  good points there and by fishers I mean fisher cats.   Also maybe add the old bear to survival mode? But you can kill it or scare it with a gun/flare  gun And then it takes a few days to re spawn if you can kill it with a gun and then it can continue to hunt you again once it re spawns after a few days.

Ah I've never seen nor head of fisher cats before so I'm not for sure what they are. As for the old bear I'm assuming you are suggesting a more difficult bear varient as bears already exists. The hunting portion of this would require a redesign of the AI tracking currently animals have designated spawn areas and predatoes have a patrol path and they generally don't stray from that path unless they tag you or get scared but after they "reset" they will return to their original patrol path. Other than that I'm indecisive of an addition of a tougher bear in survival mode.

The game does not support landscape changes which has been the biggest or one of the biggest obstacle to many suggestions. 

Additional animals in the game would have to be balanced between what the devs feel adds to the game and the effort to implement it. 

• Upvote 2