No more wolves? (voyager)

Sandra

Okay, at first: My sincerest apologies for starting a new topic although there are plenty of "problems-with-wolves"-threads.

But I do not have the problem that they are too aggressive or to peaceful. Right now, they are just gone! At least in Pleasant Valley. I didn't meet one for 10 ingame days. Then I encountered one near Rural Crossroads (killed it, ate

it ;) ). Since then: No wolf for a few ingame days! I don't know, if it is a topic for the bug-section or if is supposed to be like that.

In Coastal Highway they are still around - fewer than before, but if you need a coat, you can get the pelts you need to craft it.

I really need the wolves because I am a lousy shot and I couldn't kill a deer if my life depended on it - which it actually does. ;)

Right now, I do not want to start a new game because I do not want to lose my progress (over 120 days).

I do not know about Mystery Lake. Too lazy to go there at the moment :oops: . Coastal Highway seems balanced to me for the voyager mode: You can find some if you need materials or someone to kill a deer for you, but you can avoid them when you're injured or just want to be left alone.

The lack of wolves in PV makes it the most dangerous place for me because I am going to starve there. ;)

I do not know about Mystery Lake. Too lazy to go there at the moment :oops: . Coastal Highway seems balanced to me for the voyager mode: You can find some if you need materials or someone to kill a deer for you, but you can avoid them when you're injured or just want to be left alone.

The lack of wolves in PV makes it the most dangerous place for me because I am going to starve there. ;)

I had time to explore all three Maps in Pilgrim Mode. In Pilgrim Mode is the best Map the Mystery Lake, because the Wolfes produce enaugh dead Deer to harvest from - so you must not shoot them, and you can fish ...

The Map Coastal Highway has also the option to fish and the Count of Wolfes is lesser ... but the Ways you have to go are longer and there is only the ability to craft Items in the QuonsetGasStation ... but there to live is terrible. You can only survive there longer time if you got the Items from ML.

In PV i had no Problems with Wolfes ... over all it was my best Map as Pilgrim. I left there at Day 52 with the Freeze full of 60KG Meat and a lot of items ... so i started new to test the Voyageur-Mode and be a little disappointed.

You might try shooting at bear at Long Curve, you'll eat well for a long time if you succeed.

That's what i tryed to say ... but now i will leave the English Section of this Forum. My Knowledge of the English Language produces seemingly more misunderstandings than necessary. So i jump to the German Section.

Thanks for Help to anyone ... Bye ...

I already ate two bears! :D

Do they respawn? Then I could take a look at the big guys again but I think they don't. Even if they do: Sooner or later I'll run out of munition and I don't think I can fight a bare with my knife or my prybar. ;)

@bugfixer

Actually I liked living in the town at Coastal Highway. I chose a house with a fireplace near the Quonset Gas Station. I didn't have to walk long distances to fish and chasing a deer into the teeth of a wolf was easy, too. :D But I just carried all my stuff to PV and I don't want to move back to CH. If I would have known that the wolves would disappear I would have left most of my stuff in CH, loot PV and go back after a few days.

I have already met those three bears but only shot two. Because I base at the Farmstead and I really don't look forward to carry 30kg of meat from the Mine to the Farm ;) .

But I mainly asked for the wolves because I want to know if PV is meant to be nearly wolf-less or if it is a bug. Well... and I miss my cute little deer-killers. ;)

Archived