What is one thing that surprised you about Ash Canyon?

theisaactrain

On 1/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, Slow_wandering1 said:

The fact that 5 kilo extra carry weight isn't worth hiking all the way there for (shoulda made it 10) but it is a nice area with great views but that is literally the only positive.

1 kilo extra would have been worth it. I go to the new zones to experience them, and any sort of permanent prize is amazing.

What surprised me honestly about Ash Canyon was how small the gold mine was. The map seemed designed to emphasize this amazing mine with its amazing prizes within. Big charcoal map icon, plenty of notes scattered around, ways for the map to get you there, I was expecting something truly epic. I was prepared to "go too deep" to get the tactical pack and crampons. Instead, the mine was fairly reasonably sized, with some clever twists and turns, but overall was fairly small and linear. It's not a bad thing, but I was prepared to descend into hell for that backpack, and instead I just entered a fairly normal mine. Not a letdown, but certainly a surprise.

There is a bit of lore in the Angler's Den, the note about he should stay quiet about the miners going to deep. Also the note at Miner's Folly about them finding a HUGE gold find, but there is no gold anywhere and most of mine, like every other mine, has collapse do to decay, which begs the question, when did the Gold Mine close.