Under a Painted Sky

Gracia_WolfSlayer

I know I'm not the first one to mention how beautiful the TLD is, but sometimes I'm just dumbstruck with how stunning the skies can be. I don't know what magical codes they use to make the sky seem as unique as it does. I know each sunrise and sunset isn't actually one of a kind, but there is so much sporadic variety that it feels that way. I'll literally marvel aloud when I see a particularly pretty view.

This is from Andre's Peak in TWM. I was out surveying and had lost track of my fatigue and daylight. Being that I'm at 122 days on this stalker run, I've got nice warm furs so I felt safe spending the night on the peak in a cozy nook. I chopped so wood for a fire and enjoyed a sunset that seemed to set the sky ablaze.

sunset.thumb.png.b91c03d587f60d3b420c05a87b463e48.png

I slept soundly by a warm fire through the night before waking up with the dawn. I watched the sun rise as I cooked a breakfast of rabbit and rosehip tea (just for the warmth bonus when I set out)

1436605869_Goodmorning-TWM.thumb.png.36041ca956ea8b17dff62cc6780f88af.png

Another beautiful day on the mountain. Time to see what new skies await me on my journey.

sunrise-TWM.thumb.png.97be03cf82e1ae5d5863b7589e5ad15b.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love sunrises and sunsets in TLD, and I often find myself watching them for some time. Though sunrises are often, at least in my main setting, -30 or more degrees, and sunsets lead to dusk with pretty awful visibility at times. 

I love them, and I dread them at the same time, haha. 

Great screenshots by the way!