Well Slept Bonus?

JaySovereign

Of course this would be disabled in Interloper and less effective in Stalker and would be able to be toggled off in custom.

What I'm thinking is that when we sleep in what the game considers to be an "indoors" environment, that we get a slight bonus to our recovery, which is both to health and stamina. Maybe a further boost if there's a fire going or if you sleep bear skin bedroll. I'm just considering how well we'd all sleep if we were out there in real life. I doubt we'd fare very well in most cases, haha. I think it's strange that our characters don't wake up at all during the night, whether it be by a noise heard nearby, a blizzard howling outside, or even just a bout of cabin fever. Sleep is very important and I doubt my character would get in the crucial hours we need to function when the situation is as desperate as it is.

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 1

I agree that sleep is very important for your overall well-being, hence why getting enough sleep should be imporant in TLD too. However, the mechanic you are suggesting is already built in if you ask me, in a roundabout way. If you don't get enough sleep you can't carry as much weight and in the end you won't be able to run and finally pass out. In that sense, you could view the way your character functions when rested as a well-slept bonus. But I would very much like to see your suggestion about waking up in the night by various disturbances implemented. And nocturnal disruptions should come with an impact on the rested bar, a much welcome addition to the harder difficulties.

• Upvote 2