The Long Dark Science Lab: Snow Shelter Hunt?

Loonsloon

• 1 month later...

That puzzles me. Because in the release video to the patch version in which the included snow shelters Raphael clearly said, the shelter will not protect you from wildlife

//wait 18:25! You can decoy wolves with stones?? In case i haven't make a mistake: Wow i didn't know that. I thought that the update release video in which Ralph said that stones are an early tool for hunting rabbits with a little chance of scaring wolves contained all information available

Edited by Karl Grylls

On 10/29/2020 at 2:48 PM, Karl Grylls said:

That puzzles me. Because in the release video to the patch version in which the included snow shelters Raphael clearly said, the shelter will not protect you from wildlife

//wait 18:25! You can decoy wolves with stones?? In case i haven't make a mistake: Wow i didn't know that. I thought that the update release video in which Ralph said that stones are an early tool for hunting rabbits with a little chance of scaring wolves contained all information available

I’m not familiar with said release video but as I showed in the vid, the snow shelter appears to be a safe haven from every dangerous animal (in v. 1.83). Note that I haven’t tried hiding from the Darkwalker in there...  as for stones, I use them to lure wolves but skilled players can hit a charging wolf and turn it with a stone. Moose are scared of stones but Im not sure if stones break a moose charge.

2 hours ago, Loonsloon said:

I’m not familiar with said release video but as I showed in the vid, the snow shelter appears to be a safe haven from every dangerous animal (in v. 1.83). Note that I haven’t tried hiding from the Darkwalker in there...  as for stones, I use them to lure wolves but skilled players can hit a charging wolf and turn it with a stone. Moose are scared of stones but Im not sure if stones break a moose charge.

Hm i was watching all the update videos on their YT Channel but couldn't find the part where he says it. Maybe i have a false memory but i'm pretty sure it was a video and Raphael was the one who clearly said that shelters won't help you against wildlife.

I liked that, because it's realistic. I don't like the shelter to be a bunker :(