Marked Birch Trees

stirfoo

Is it possible to find marked birch trees but no moose? I'm at the Milton Basin (which is a nice spot to camp for a few days actually). I've found 4 marked trees just to the right of the rope but no moose. No tracks, no sound, nothing. There are a lot of high unreachable rocks within the boundary of the trees. Could it spawn up on a rock, out of sight?

Yup.  Unless I'm mistake:  Marks = moose soon.  No marks = moose will never spawn here on your save file.  

That side, any time I sleep near a marked area where I haven't killed a moose, the moose shows up pretty quickly, sometimes the next morning.

Moose can spawn a short ways away from the markings, though.  E.g. the one near trappers will spawn over the hill in sight of the cabin, not at the markings, generally.

• Upvote 1

Sure can. From what I hear, Moose can be in one area that they spawned for a bit but then disappear for awhile before returning again. It does get annoying but if the moose is not in the area that I'm hoping it is then I will go to another location in the region or to another region entirely. In my current save I have now, I'm almost at 100 days and I have not seen a single Moose but plenty of scratched trees.

• Upvote 1