Different wolf behavior?

PrincessAutumn

Had a quick question about Winter's Embrace. I am very much enjoying it as it's a new challenge but I was headed to the dam and was confronted by the wolf that hangs around the two trailers, I got to more of a flat ground so I could get a good shot while he was still approaching. I raised my rifle expecting him to charge but he turned around and walked away. I've seen instances where wolves will give up chase if you escape their detection range but this one was still pretty close.

Don't get me wrong, I still took a shot at him when he turned his back to me;) Waste my time will you? Here, have a bullet in your skull, totally free. 😘:D 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I suppose its because Winter's Embrace is based on voyageur difficulty level. Wolves aggression is set to normal - and they can sometimes flee if player is in good condition and poses a high threat to wolf. However when you are wounded they will charge and try to finish you off.

And actually I really like that behaviour - it makes much more sense than 100% mindless wolf charge at stalker or interloper level.

I would really like to have a new base difficulty setting similiar to Winter's Embrace - with very cold weather but with interloper condition regeneration, much less wildlife, similiar normal (voyageur like) aggression level of wolves. So you have to fight with weather instead of meeting wolves at every corner.

With very good condition most wolves would flee or keep away from you and just wait until weather weaken you. With interloper condition regeneration you dont regain 100% over night, but only like 30%. Rare and less aggressive wolves means you wont meet much of them, but when you do and you are on lower condition its propably game over :)

With those condition you need to plan a lot, same as in interloper, but start is much easier and you dont die 9/10 of attempts early.

Edited by Arran
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Arran said:

...and you dont die 9/10 of attempts early.:)

How the hell did you manage to die 9 times? I've been suicidally charging after the local paw patrol hoping to end my first playthrough, but they don't do any damage, especially not with this military coat. I had so many good clothes on day 1, my temperature going down indicator only had 1 arrow, and I wasnt even shielded from the wind. When I went into a wind-shield spot I WAS WARMING UP! 

27 minutes ago, Killerboom204 said:

How the hell did you manage to die 9 times? I've been suicidally charging after the local paw patrol hoping to end my first playthrough, but they don't do any damage, especially not with this military coat. I had so many good clothes on day 1, my temperature going down indicator only had 1 arrow, and I wasnt even shielded from the wind. When I went into a wind-shield spot I WAS WARMING UP! 

It was comparision to interloper, where start is hard and you die a lot, mostly because of wolves not weather.

Edited by Arran

8 minutes ago, Arran said:

It was comparision to interloper, where start is hard and you die a lot, mostly because of wolves not weather.

Wait, what? I thought there was a predator grace period on this difficulty, furthermore, how are you dying to the wildlife? It's voyager, you lose like, 2 hit points every struggle. 

• 1 year later...