how much stuff can fit into one of the save storage lockers?

piddy3825

So I dusted off one of my oldest game saves the other day.  Character is at 800+ and is a compulsive hoarder.  So with all the updates I just thought I would boot it up and go get all that free spray paint.   But first I wanna check out my old digs...

There was some stuff left on the shelves but there were lots of holes throughout as well.  Check the desks and file cabinets mostly all empty...  I go and check that red storage chest and this thing is packed with over 700 kilos of stuff.  I head over to another area where I camp out and the one I find there is loaded with over 500 kilos of stuff.  

I'm like what?  found every stick, match book and broken arrow.  It's like christmas except the condition on most stuff was like 8%... bad santa!

• Upvote 1

You have encountered the regional Lost and Found boxes, there are far as I know, one per region, excepting Pleasant Valley where there can be two. 

Since regional Lost and Found will sweep up everything that is outside (it appears to include just about everything you touched, even stones, cattails, and tinder plugs) and put them into the regional Lost and Found box, by necessity, the box is likely to contain a whole lot more than would be typical. 

The Lost and Found container only allows things to be taken out.  Food still decays and will disappear if it reaches ruined (0%) condition. Food that was ruined, e.g. ruined bear meat you left out in the snow, will be disappear because the Lost and Found container is a container. Ruined clothing and burned out torches will survive because it appears that the rules make an exception for something that has a harvest value.  Sometimes you will find things that were out there but you didn't notice.

Inside a dwelling, there can be a local Lost and Found container typically by one of the entries. It does the same thing, basically, locally as the regional Lost and Found does for things out in the region.  Inside, coverage can be a bit spotty with some ruined food items, for instance, remaining where they were.  However otherwise, the rules are the same as for the regional lost and found. 

As far as we know, the Lost and Found container will remain in the game until it is emptied.  Presumably any future Lost and Found event will add to the contents as applicable.

1 hour ago, UTC-10 said:

You have encountered the regional Lost and Found boxes, there are far as I know, one per region, excepting Pleasant Valley where there can be two. 

Since regional Lost and Found will sweep up everything that is outside (it appears to include just about everything you touched, even stones, cattails, and tinder plugs) and put them into the regional Lost and Found box, by necessity, the box is likely to contain a whole lot more than would be typical. 

lol, apparently so!  I did find lots of "ruined" or near ruined items.  I always was under the impression that the decay cycle doesn't start until the item is  handled.  mostly anything organic was decaying but the hardware items were mostly in good condition.  Well looks like one of the containers was full of sticks... thousands... lol

• Upvote 1

To tag off previous responses, every region has a lost and found box like this.  Every single interior location (houses, caves, etc.) counts as a region, as do the larger outdoor environments (Mystery Lake, Forlorn Muskeg, etc.).  The lost and found boxes are posted in locations that the average player is likely to encounter at some point.  Outside the Quonset Garage, outside Molly's Farmhouse, outside the Camp Office, etc.  And with interior locations, the box will be found next to one of the exits.