AMD GPU Lots of NullReferenceExceptions

Hi all

I am playing TLD on Linux with Radeon 5700XT. Kernel is 5.6.N as well as the latest 5.7.0-rc with the open source AMDGPU drivers. The system is Debian/unstable with mesa 20.0.

I see some stuttering at times, and in the Player.log I see lots of NullReferenceExceptions.

The Player.log contains near the top

-- SystemInfo --
deviceType: Desktop
processorType: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
processorCount: 8
systemMemorySize: 32079 Mb
operatingSystem: Linux 5.7 Debian unstable 64bit
graphicsDeviceID: 0x731F
graphicsDeviceName: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (NAVI10, DRM 3.37.0, 5.7.0-rc6+, LLVM 10.0.0)
graphicsDeviceType: OpenGLCore
graphicsDeviceVendor: X.Org
graphicsDeviceVendorID: 0x1002
graphicsDeviceVersion: OpenGL 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.0.7
graphicsMemorySize: 7489 Mb
graphicsShaderLevel: 50
supportsShadows: True
currentCulture: English (United States) en-US (en)

At then there are lots of errors like

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component.get_transform(UnityEngine.Component)
  at AkAmbient.BuildMultiDirectionArray (AkMultiPosEvent eventPosList) [0x00022] in <95420b894c674a15bb75f7081923f4cd>:0 
  at AkAmbient.OnDisable () [0x00051] in <95420b894c674a15bb75f7081923f4cd>:0

I am not sure whether this is related to the stuttering, but thought I report it.

Guest jeffpeng

I've never seen the stutter in the native Linux version. Then again I'm not really playing it because... well... flicker.

As for the crash ... I doubt that's GPU related. AkAmbient is a sound library, so I don't really see the connection to the AMDGPU driver - unless you are using HDMI to also output audio, in which case it still feels unfeasible, but.... well, I've seen stranger things. In this case maybe try using your onboard sound / a dedicated soundcard if you have one and see if the problem persists.