Fearless Navigator locks up when entering new regions

Hello,

I am playing an old savefile (originally created in Steadfast Ranger) in the Fearless Navigator version of the game. For the most part, everything is OK, however, I have had the game lock up twice on me.

The first time I was travelling from Pleasant Valley to Mystery Lake via the Carter Hydro Dam. Everything was fine upon entering the lower dam, but when I tried to enter the upper dam, the game got stuck on a loading background. The picture showed up OK, but the walking wolf icon didn't show up. I subsequently re-tried entering the upper dam and everything seemed OK. I could enter Mystery Lake no problem, too.

The second time I got a lockup was when trying to enter the Broken Railroad via Forlorn Muskeg, and the symptoms were the exact same as before. Entering Mystery Lake and Forlorn Muskeg was fine, *probably* because those regions had already been populated in a previous version of the game. I've run this game for over a year and have never had a crash until now.

Any ideas what's going on? Personally I think that the game is trying to generate some item or other when entering a new region, but it can't and thus crashes. Is there a way to fix this, or is it best to create a new world?

New updates always have some bugs on release. However, we are expecting a Hotfix by next week Tuesday-Wednesday, so just sit tight...and maybe it's something that will be patched...provided you have considered it's not a memory issue on your pc that crashes during loading screens? And have you rolled a new game to check if the same problem occurs?

It's often recommended to start a new game when an update drops because older saves tend to have some bugs especially after an update. It's mostly not game breaking like you are experiencing though...so hang on for a hotfix next week 

It's not just changing regions - I experienced the same thing exiting Quonset Garage.  It's an existing save, was roaming around Coastal Highway, entered the front of Quonset and the game locked up when I exited the rear.  I had already been in and out of several other buildings in the area.  I eventually killed the game (on PC) and started back up where it saved when I entered Quonset.  I did the same things, exited the rear, and it was fine, only happened that one time.

Edited by MrWolf

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

It's not just changing regions - I experienced the same thing exiting Quonset Garage.  It's an existing save, was roaming around Coastal Highway, entered the front of Quonset and the game locked up when I exited the rear.  I had already been in and out of several other buildings in the area.  I eventually killed the game (on PC) and started back up where it saved when I entered Quonset.  I did the same things, exited the rear, and it was fine, only happened that one time.

Your issue sounds exactly like mine. So I guess this lockup can happen anytime you go through a loading screen, if you're using a savefile that was created in an older version of the game?

In that case, I'm going to have to wait for a hotfix to continue my YouTube survival series.

35 minutes ago, Glflegolas said:

In that case, I'm going to have to wait for a hotfix to continue my YouTube survival series.

I've been playing quite a bit since Fearless Navigator was released and it only happened to me that one time.  No problems otherwise.