Timberwolf "pack meter"

The Gentleman  Bastard

the screens ive seen of the "Pack Meter" for the Timberwolves seems kinda at odds with the game UI. Perhaps more an icon akin to the Thirst and Hunger and such? Just make it red with a circle around a red Wolf head until the circle dissipates. anyone else agree? if so, help me pass this up the latter if you will. Thanks everyone ^^

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, The Gentleman Bastard said:

the screens ive seen of the "Pack Meter" for the Timberwolves seems kinda at odds with the game UI. Perhaps more an icon akin to the Thirst and Hunger and such? Just make it red with a circle around a red Wolf head until the circle dissipates. anyone else agree? if so, help me pass this up the latter if you will. Thanks everyone ^^

I like that idea. Makes it less obtrusive on the UI. Maybe having it heartbeat-in would be enough to 'draw attention to it' for new players and then act like it normally does.

• Upvote 1

I could go either way. The current meter has never bothered me. One of the reasons it might be this way is due to the fact that their morale is highly variable depending on size of the pack and difficulty settings. In Wintermute, near the end of the chapter, there's a moment where a large pack attacks and their meter fills up most of the bottom screen. 

On 4/25/2020 at 12:54 PM, Willy Pete said:

I could go either way. The current meter has never bothered me. One of the reasons it might be this way is due to the fact that their morale is highly variable depending on size of the pack and difficulty settings. In Wintermute, near the end of the chapter, there's a moment where a large pack attacks and their meter fills up most of the bottom screen. 

Perhaps that could affect the speed at which the meter drops? I dunno, just like spitballing. and TLD's minimalistic UI is always been a huge draw for me,

On 4/25/2020 at 12:54 PM, Willy Pete said:

Oh yeah up until that point I'd been blowing them all away, and when I saw that one I'm like "Yeah no, that's what the blue flares are for" lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Oh yeah up until that point I'd been blowing them all away, and when I saw that one I'm like "Yeah no, that's what the blue flares are for" lol

Same, think I only ever used a blue flare once before that. But since they attacked me within the last hundred or so meters I figured I'd pull out old blue and sparkly and walk to the mine.