crafting time seems odd by comparison

piddy3825

I've seen some crazy crafting time glitches, but not sure if this is a glitch.

I'm crafting some arrow shafts and arrows using the workbench in the basement of the hunting lodge, so I'm not sure if it's a placement thing or what.   I get a time reduction using a homemade knife and or hatchet that is shorter than using the real thing.  In fact the my real items were both at 100% sharpness while the handmade hatchet was at 57% and the handmade knife at 78%.    Now, it seems to me that logically, better, sharper tools should make any job easier.  So are my self made tools that much better?  doesn't seem likely as the opposite takes place when I'm harvesting game.  

the game I'm currently playing is an old save file that I recently dusted off in case that could be an explanation.  any ideas?  

it does this to me when comparing a tool i actually am carrying vs a tool i dont have on me.  i thought the same thing at first.  and to my knowledge, tool condition doesnt effect time in any way, they all work 100% til they break

3 hours ago, odium said:

it does this to me when comparing a tool i actually am carrying vs a tool i dont have on me.  i thought the same thing at first.  and to my knowledge, tool condition doesnt effect time in any way, they all work 100% til they break

yup yup yup!  you are so right.  this is exactly  what was happening.  i hadn't bothered checking my inventory so just assumed i had both sets of sharps...  turns out i was only carrying the handmade items.   thank you for pointing this out as you solved my mystery! lol😁

• Upvote 1