TY Hinterland Run

tulkawen

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I played. Hinterland partnering with UNF to help the World Health Organisation is a generous act. For a week, starting March 24th, Hinterland donated all of its revenue to the social distancing fundraiser. This prompted me to do a run to thank them for it. I find it to be a good deed.

Well done, Hinterland.

https://youtu.be/sJPzXjIwfug
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Dum_Gen said:

If you were talking about Wintermute...

🤭 I wish! I'd love to see the next episode of Wintermute. Their teaser was quite effective since the Coastal looked very much survavourly, like a frozen shipyard. Buuut we will need to wait a while since the third one just came out.

Alas, as stated in the description at the start of the first episode, it's just my custom game modified from Interloper difficulty.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:34 PM, tulkawen said:

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I played. Hinterland partnering with UNF to help the World Health Organisation is a generous act. For a week, starting March 24th, Hinterland donated all of its revenue to the social distancing fundraiser. This prompted me to do a run to thank them for it. I find it to be a good deed.

When I came back, after a long time away. (Thanks PC, for breaking on me) I was mildly surprised by it. 

I find it wholesome to see companies and game developers do things like that. They have many other ways to spend their money, and yet they use it in the most valuable way possible. 

Well done, indeed.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I find it wholesome to see companies and game developers do things like that. They have many other ways to spend their money, and yet they use it in the most valuable way possible. 

This is more so valuable because so many companies instead of helping are using this pandemic to fatten their wallets. I tend to update steam each week and I've noticed that so many games have sharply tripled their prices and then said it's amazing 80% off (and the price is higher than it was before that 'off') while they haven't said a word about donating anything to anyone.

This made Hinterland stand out even more, especially since it was full revenue and not a fraction of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tulkawen said:

This is more so valuable because so many companies instead of helping are using this pandemic to fatten their wallets. I tend to update steam each week and I've noticed that so many games have sharply tripled their prices and then said it's amazing 80% off (and the price is higher than it was before that 'off') while they haven't said a word about donating anything to anyone.

This made Hinterland stand out even more, especially since it was full revenue and not a fraction of it.

They are so generous and other companies really should follow their examples instead of using it in pointless ways. I find that if I like a game, but the developers get greedy, I dislike the game, even though it has not changed. 

Seeing their kindness brings my love of this game to more than I thought possible.

I apologize if I was rambling, but I just wanted to say it.

• Upvote 1