My list of suggestions

Hipercsiga

I thought about some things that could be added to the long dark:

- recycle soda cans and aluminium cans: So we can break down stuff for metal and we collect a lot of aluminium cans. Also we can see soda cans thrown away as trash and we drink soda ourselves. It would be a good survival option and a positive massage to be able to melt them down for metal instead of litering with soda cans and becoming a crazy hobo who collects aluminium cans. Even if it would take a hell lot of cans it would feel better than litering and wasting metal.

- the ability to unload oil lamps: If you foolishly put all of your oil into the lamp you might run out of alternative accelerant. I think it should be possible to gain back atleast some of that oil.

- auto-walk button: Sometimes you have a goal far away in the distance that takes a straight path and you need to pess the forward button for 30 minutes. It is not fun to press the same button for prolonged periods especially if a blizzard slows you down.

- Craftable containers OR more empty containers in- and outdoors: Maybe for organizing your home or storing your meat safely outdoors so smart players can utilize the cold for food preservation.

- a weak firestarter item you can craft but only use once and takes a long time to use: I think the thing that discourages exploraton the most is the lack of firestarting options once you run out of matches. In blizzards even if you find a cave, you still don't have enough heat to survive unless wearing the very best gear and without a good gear you still run out of heat without blizzards in good weather.

OR

- Thermos bottle: Alternatively, a rare item that preserves heat for your travels in hot drinks or food for one day.

- Extra animals: Instead of making us hate those poor fluffy wolves even more you could add other animals that can make our struggles harder. Such as cougars, wolverines, bisons or badgers and the most dagerous of all, the hissing blood goose (jk).

- Use electric cooking plates during the aurora: So electric cooking plates exist, but they never animate during the aurora which would be a great oppurtunity for smart players to utilize the aurora and save resources

- sky lifts working during the aurora: some places could be reached without rope climbing during the aurora

- Interrupt firestarting with the loss of tinder and firestarter

- Grow plants indoors next to windows: So plants are rare and non-renewable, but they pose as a main source of medical items. Producing it should be slow as heck, like one plant only bringing one harvest per 50 or 100 days, but a safer way than beach combing.

- Sky sticks: makes you walk slower and burn more energy + calories, but helps to avoid sprains.

- Rabbits dazed for longer time: Hitting rabbits with rocks isn't the hard part, pointing the small dot on it before it recovers is the hard part. I'm not thinking about minutes just extra seconds.

- Toilets shouldn't give clean water: Melted unsafe water? Sure. Clean water? Nope. Even if you take the water from the tank in was standing there for weeks or months with dangerous algea and bacteria from the air spreading inside it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1