Game no longer Saves?

maccdaddy

I recently started episode three of wintermute and right as I am leaving Thompson Crossing to the plane crash, my game suddenly became unable to save my progess. If I went to save or the game tried to autosave I would get an error message "Attempt to save the game FAILED. Check that sufficient storage space is available." The thing is, I have more than enough space, in my steam cloud I have 497 MB available, and on my actual hard drive I have 167 GB. Sufficient storage space is available, yet the game refuses to save. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the game has now been rendered unplayable as I can't actually save anything. I have tried to verify my game files, uninstall and reinstall, restart my computer, uninstall restart and then reinstall and absolutely nothing has worked. I really don't want to be out 30 bucks, not finish the story, and never recommend this game to anyone ever but that's the barrel I am staring down right now. Thanks for any help!

I would check whether you have access rights to the saved games folder. Not sure for exact location, but it is somewhere in the forum. Just open the folder in the Explorer, create some new file, edit it and delete it.

The second thing is: Have you had by any chance two instances of game running? Not sure if it is possible, but if the game is executed twice, the first one can lock access to save file.

Not sure but does not the game have some limited number for saves? I know it is for sandbox. If it would be me, I would move some older saved game from the default folder to some backup and try after.

And for sure: BACKUP your saved games before you start to play with them.

• 3 months later...

Necroing the thread to confirm this happens to me too, with the attached error popup.

I noticed that usually this error does come up with saves on injuries, but has happened to me in other circumstances (ie: while try to sleep).

Also, this is not systematical : many times game would save without any problem.

Tmp.PNG