Anyone else feel like they're playing DAY OF THE WOLF?

Evolution13

With the last update there seem to be far, far too many wolves in Coastal Highway now. I play on Voyageur and I haven't managed to survive more than two days due to the constant unending wolf attacks, and they seem to come out of nowhere as well. Getting attacked by two wolves at once is fairly common. If I'm lucky enough to get out onto the ice where I can see clearly I can see them roaming about in pairs. I've started over six times and keep getting the same results. I feel like the wolves don't want me to ever see Pleasant Valley. :(

With the last update there seem to be far, far too many wolves in Coastal Highway now. I play on Voyageur and I haven't managed to survive more than two days due to the constant unending wolf attacks, and they seem to come out of nowhere as well. Getting attacked by two wolves at once is fairly common. If I'm lucky enough to get out onto the ice where I can see clearly I can see them roaming about in pairs. I've started over six times and keep getting the same results. I feel like the wolves don't want me to ever see Pleasant Valley. :(

It is helpful to have the Knife and plenty of bandages just in case. Take the knife and gun, go in with at least 3 bullets. If anybody so much as looks at you, shoot first, ask questions later.

The wolves can be challenging at first. They get easier and easier to deal with as you play more and learn their ways. If you want a free pass to the new map then I suggest just starting a game on Pilgrim (wolves won't attack you) and walk into Pleasant Valley. Doing so will unlock the map so that you can select to start there when you start a new game.

Also, don't forget that you can usually scare them away or at least keep them at bay, with a few methods such as held/thrown lit flares, standing near lit fires outdoors, and lit torches.

Try not to carry meats though... From experience, the wolves desire to eat your food overcomes their fear flare sound. Not 100% confirmed, but I believe this to be the case. :)

Always remember

the theme of the game..

How long can you survive?

until it became..

How long can you survive...

...a wolf attack.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about.

I'm on day 43 of my current Stalker game. I started in ML, moved to CH, and then on to PV.

I've had five wolf attacks in this entire game. Two on day one, and one each on days 10, 12, and 14. The one on day 10 was in ML, before I traveled to CH.

I moved from ML to CH on day 10. I moved from CH to PV on day 18. I do not hibernate or starve ever. Every day that I'm not crafting something I'm outside, exploring or traveling.

As well, according to my log, I've killed nine wolves directly in this game.

My previous two games in v.192/193 were ended with bear attacks, while I was learning how to handle them. So far in this game, I've killed two bears, and not been mauled. The second one I killed with one bullet.

Archived