Rebuilding a homestead

wizard03

So I have seen multiple posts now of people who wouldn't mind some additional upgrades or modifications to their home décor, and when I do, I actually ponder about some other things that might actually make the game a little more personal for the players. How about the ability to repair some of the buildings? A prime example of this is the cabin in timberwolf mountain. Its actually ok from the front and sides, but if you look at the roof, there is a big open hole there....Now I know that supposedly in game, your a plane crash survivor and your probably looking for a way to get back home, but we all know that its just a question of how long can you live before you will eventually die. Id like to think that after so long, someone would eventually settle down and build their own proper homestead.
And thus, Id also like to think that maybe you could fix up a place to call home. As for the cabin in twm, its a simple hole in the roof. Maybe a couple pieces of fir, 10-20 hours of time to repair, and boom. No more hole in roof! Now its warm enough to keep you from freezing to death even in a blizzard without a fire.

Now as for any other places in the game, or other amenities you could change...say a bear skin rug you can sleep on, or a trophy deer mount on the wall that slows cabin fever, well Im sure someone will suggest something, but Im really would like just the ability to repair certain structures or cabins that the devs think would be ok for someone to consider their own personal base to live at. Heck, maybe even throw in a few conditions on the homestead that needs to be repaired with....Small simple structures like the TWM cabin requires simple tools and hacksaw.....the two room cabin in BI requires hammer, quality tools.....And every so often it requires maintenance work or it goes back to being broken again.

But yeah, in the end, a home!

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...