Linux + SteamOS + TLD = 4DoN?

boy_scout_kevin

Did you get the linux native build from GOG? I think it's only available on Steam because Steam offers the ability to manage the files in the game on the part of the dev; for example, at the beginning of 4DON, I downloaded a big pile, then could play, and at the end I once again downloaded a huge pile, and then it was gone. I'm pretty sure that was swapping out the executable and delivering extra resource files to support the game mode, and then reverting to the standard build when it was over.

Functionally, it's similar to why the Time Capsule is only available on Steam; with Steam, it's possible to manage multiple versions of the same game on a per user basis while swapping between them.

On 11/25/2019 at 3:41 PM, stratvox said:

Did you get the linux native build from GOG? I think it's only available on Steam because Steam offers the ability to manage the files in the game on the part of the dev; for example, at the beginning of 4DON, I downloaded a big pile, then could play, and at the end I once again downloaded a huge pile, and then it was gone. I'm pretty sure that was swapping out the executable and delivering extra resource files to support the game mode, and then reverting to the standard build when it was over.

Functionally, it's similar to why the Time Capsule is only available on Steam; with Steam, it's possible to manage multiple versions of the same game on a per user basis while swapping between them.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Yes, I have it through GOG.