Conclusion. EP3/ (spoilers)

k0s0ff

I apologize in advance for my translation.

I finished episode 3. Seems to have missed one side job. But I don't want to try again just yet. The fact that I don't want to play episode 3 again means that I didn't like doing what the game offers. I'm not saying it's bad. On the contrary, new NPCs, new opponents, new places. A very spectacular scene of the crash, Incredibly beautiful landscape. All this is admirable. And I admire that. But the way everything else looks is sad. I remember episode 1 well, it's my favorite episode.  Thanks to him, I started playing TLD survival mode and actually bought this game. I remember how much I loved the beginning of the episode, the training. How long I walked through the snow to Milton, how the wolves were forcing the atmosphere, it was cold, hungry and scary. Then of course everything changed. and it was not so interesting, the path became shorter and more boring. But I remember my feelings from the fact that I felt like I actually crashed and last strength out of the snow and trapped in a city where there was some horror. All this doom, a ghostly hope for salvation and the result is worse and worse and in the end the character and the player remain one on one with nature. And here or you or you. It's an invaluable experience.  It is a pity that with the update all the side jobs were gone, now you just find the signal gun. or immediately he with a. It's boring and not interesting. Although I will gladly return to it in the future. And when in the second episode you get a gun, then suddenly think that you are the king of the world and you will succeed.  But little ammunition, a rifle goes bad, a lot of wolves.  A few more bears and you'll be down again. Yes, it's the most irreplaceable and colossal gaming experience I've ever had.

And that in episode 3. Just many, all there is, survive essentially not need to, eat, drink and all beat. It feels like we're playing for Mackenzie ,only something has changed his voice, probably frostbite. I mean, Astrid's all Packed up and ready to go,. As if she didn't have to go through the transition phase. Yes, we don't know that it was the first few days, but this is not enough to become a ruthless exterminator. She in late all scientist, sitting in lab, she has ethos should fall out of the hands under every shot being fired, klinit under reloading, who not believes, homilies lever rifle reload, oboldeete from such burden.  It looks as if Mackenzie's experience has been passed on to her through her thoughts.

It seems to me that something is missing. It seems to me that the developers wanted to do something more. I miss the depth of the narrative, the atmosphere of the end of the world.

• Upvote 1

I understand your response.

My response to Ep3 is a bit different, though.  I take into consideration that I have been lucky enough to be a supporter and early adopter of TLD since... has it actually been 5 years now?    I understand what you are saying but this is an indy game being produced by a small group of renegade coders and story tellers not the pre-planed property of a multi billion, multi national mega-corp; I expect things to be a bit rough around the edges sometimes. 

I like to consider myself to be an extended member of the Hinterland Team rather than just a consumer of the product.  The overall experience I have had of watching my now all-time fav game grow and develop with me has been far more fulfilling and gratifying than just buying the finished product of a corporate entity.  

My humble two cents   -L

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

My humble two cents   -L

I'm not saying the game is bad. TLD is a game I play from time to time.  I don't expect big-budget projects from them because I don't need them. I love the game for another. It's cool that released episode 3, finally everything has moved on.

7 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

I understand what you are saying but this is an indy game being produced by a small group of renegade coders and story tellers not the pre-planed property of a multi billion, multi national mega-corp;

Lame excuse. A lot of ambition and the result is weak. But on the other hand there is a survival mode, which is loved by many and it gets better and better. Although widespread simplification says only one thing. They want the game to be in the masses, in order to have the money to make it better.  I think this is a bad experiment and the result will be the same as always.

8 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

I expect things to be a bit rough around the edges sometimes. 

On the edges of the all OK. Within narrative the problem.

8 hours ago, Luca Loquax said:

My humble two cents   -L

That's what we are people for, to have an opinion.)

• Upvote 1