Rocks and pebbles and throwing

KinoUnko

returning to TLD it occured to me throwing rocks could be a bit more fleshed out with a couple additions

A "force" meter, with click-hold/release and click-wait-click input options. the meter ping-pongs between min to max when in "aim", or simply exit "aim" mode once the meter is full and player doesn't throw. "Aim" again to start the meter once more. Force proportionally affects thrown distance, rabbit knock out duration, and chance of repelling wolves, inversely affects accuracy. More forceful throw = less accurate throw.

A larger size rock, same mechanic as existing pebble, just larger and heavier, costs more "tiredness" to throw, with higher chance of repelling wolves, perhaps killing rabbits out right. Also useable as makeshift heavy hammer for breaking down crates and furniture for fire wood.

Stretch goal it can be a skill that improves accuracy vs force ratio. no research or anything. just increase from frequent use. Perhaps even an achievement or feat for going "al primitivo", e.g. using only rocks for 25 consecutive days or something the like.

Edited by KinoUnko

@KinoUnko
It's a neat idea, for sure.
But I think it's better to keep it simple.  I also think there is a certain challenge to having to "eyeball it."  I like the idea of the player needing to rely on their own skill with the mechanic instead of relying on the mechanic to compensate for a player's lack of skill with it. 

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac

This is not in anyway auto aim. I don't think I've implied that in any sense.

It will still function same as now the only visual aid being the hand, with the addition of a meter like the "Aim meter" when using the rifle. The force of the throw amplifies the small degree of spread in the throw and increases damage in whatever fashion that is implemented now. Larger rock is just higher degree of all these factors.