Episode 3 impressions

KinoUnko

Really like it over all, many points have been touched on so I won't repeat them here... A lot of improvements to audio, lighting, textures that made me smile coming back to the game after a hiatus. The new mocap equipment from Capcom VC shuttering definitely shows. Maybe some new tech for facial animations as well? Maybe they were handcrafted. 

I was hopeing to romp about in Coastal Highway for a bit with Astrid but guess that would have to wait for 4 and 5.

Few things that stuck out to me were the revolver reload mechanics (made another thread so won't repeat it here). The stumble animation effect... it's not hard to guess what the intent is, but as it's implemented the whole affair feels like a terrain collision glitch than a stumble/fall. The camera drops to ground level and slowly but smoothly rises up, very ghostly. Crouching feels worse than before, very slow down and up, and the camera seem to clip into the overhead geometry more than I remembered. Lastly some of the recorded dialogues feels disconnected, in that the characters don't seem to be talking to each other but only speaking their lines solo. Molly/Astrid conversations feels better. McKenzie/Grey Mother, and the Priest/Astrid feel worse. 

Nothing game breaking, but noticeable enough to stay on the peripherie of my mind as I was playing. 

Anyway, looking forward to 4 and 5 very much! Hopefully without as long a wait as Ep. 3

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dum_Gen said:

Finally, it would be cool, if we could skip Cinematics and dialogues.

On PS4 you can skip dialog parts with the circle button. So I assume you can on PC but I do not know the button.

My impressions of Ep 3 is very positive. With the additions to PV it almost feels like a new region. Exploring felt amazing. I never really liked PV because I got lost serveral times but now I feel like i know this region better. It feels more like home now.

I love all the new Items. They bring freshness to the table - at least for me.

I loved the NPC animations. The motion capture technology has added a lot to the qualilty.The sidequests were rewarding, and some of them were really unexpected. Loved it. The end is: WOW! Loved it. Now I want to play more of Astrid’s Story. But until then I will survive in the quite apocalypse. 245 Days to go.