wintermute diffuculty

RegentRelic

I know episode one is mostly just to set the scene for the rest of the game, but I can't help but feel like there should be a harder difficulty. Where as we have interloper when we want a strenuous survival in survival mode the hardened survivor in wintermute is still very forgiving. I am currently re-playing the first to episodes and I finished do not go gently in four hours with out looting the whole region including extra supplies and one last thing. Without dyeing in hardened survivor. It was really well balanced and I defiantly enjoyed the more this time, but I would also like a mode that changes the atmosphere from search for supplies and look for clues, to you don't have time, the clock of your life is ticking. Helping the gray mother becomes secondary to your day to day survival (only not really because of the save system). to be fair like this you could miss a lot of story under such circumstances, but it would be nice to have that option. The other benefit would be to give the players that play in higher difficulties a similar experience.

Maybe, but it's not the Survival Sandbox... it's a guided narrative.  As such I think the story needs to be the main focus.  I think Hinterland has done a great job with story mode so far.  Besides they already have three difficulty levels for their story mode already... if we want an interloper type experience that's what the interloper difficulty of the survival sandbox is for (or custom for that matter).  The way I see it, story mode is (and I think should be) about experiencing the story, not so much about recreating interloper type survival sandbox difficulties.