Repeated crashes travelling between Ravine and other locatio

gatwood

So I've updated 1.92 and have been travelling back and forth ferrying supplies from the Dam to the trailor in the Costal Highway. I've crashed twice in the transition from the ravine to the highway and now once from the ravine back to the Lake.

I had done a similar shuffle taking everything from the Highway to the Lake area with 1.83 (probably about 8 round trips and no issues whatsoever. Hardware, general setup are the same.

Hopefully attached is a tar.gz of the crash directory...

Thanks!

G.H.A.

2015-02-06_222314.tar.gz

My game is also crashing when i enter Pleasant Valley, i tried 2 times now. I have now verified the integrity of game cache in Steam and i'm going to try again.

EDIT: Still not working. I'm attaching zipped folder with crash dump, i hope it helps.

EDIT2: Ok i checked the error log and i got error mono.dll caused an Access Violation. I checked for solutions on Google and and i found a forum post about some other game and they suggested changing video settings to low. I changed the settings to LOW and set resoluton to 800x600, and it WORKED, i got into the Pleasant Valley. I hope this will help someone. ;)

2015-02-07_101422.zip

Hi,

same problems here. I started at Coastal Highway and after finding the entrance to Pleasant Valley I walked through but while the area was loading I got a crash. Again a crash while the second try. Then I tried the suggestion above and set the resolution to 800x600. After that I could get to Pleasant Valley. I tried my normal settings with high resolution and first all graphics went crazy and I got again a crash. Then I tried to find the first place where I can save at Pleasant Valley with resolution 800x600. After a couple of minutes my game crashed again.

I had never problems with my graphics settings before. Seems to be a problem with the new release. But it seems like that I definitely can not play Pleasant Valley at the moment. :)

Edit: Playing on OS X and normally at resolution 2560x1444.

EDIT2: Ok i checked the error log and i got error mono.dll caused an Access Violation. I checked for solutions on Google and and i found a forum post about some other game and they suggested changing video settings to low. I changed the settings to LOW and set resoluton to 800x600, and it WORKED, i got into the Pleasant Valley. I hope this will help someone. ;)

Thx dude, it worked for me.

Will this be fixed soon? I've seen that there was a fast hotfix already and was hoping it would include this bug (still crashing)

Dont get me wrong, it is amazing that you work so hard on this game and it is a pretty nice one, but tweaking wolfs again while a few players cant even discover pleasent valley is kind of strange.

So is it planned to be fixed in the near future?

Hi again,

playing last version, the game is still closing when trying to reach the Coastal zone from the Ravine.

I even set the graphics quality to LOW, resolution 800x600, still closing.

When I go to the Ravine zone and coming back to the Mystery Lake, all fine.

Apart that "big" crash problem, the game itself runs flawlessly.

I NEVER had any trouble with previous versions.

I posted my log file.

Regards

output_log.txt

No problem anymore for me from Ravine to Coastal Zone, even with resolution at 1280x1024 and graphic at ULTRA.

I now have to find the passage from Coastal to the new zone to see what happens. I will have a long game session tomorrow ... ;)

Thanks anyway for the great job !

We hope to have a proper fix for this soon, hopefully later today so that people can enjoy the game without the memory crashes over the weekend.

Jeremy

Nice, but I don't think that we, The Long Dark fans, are so in a hurry... Of course having the game running flawlessly for the weekend is great, but just knowing you at Hinterland are working on bugs is fantastic. You well serve this great game :)

Thanks for the job !

P.S: excuse me for my limited english

So with v200 now, and probably 2-3 dozen saves and reloads and transitions, no crashes. I've even started running the chromium hog in parallel again. Yes, I'm one of the 32bit systems, running 1900x1200. The memory runs about 2.8 Gb, peaks at 3.25 and then drops back down again (that's with chromium running). Very long pause occasionally when transitioning but it does come back.

So, so far so good...

Archived