Where is the option to edit a post?

Hey, so, I'm new here. I just signed up very recently.

I started a topic about music that reminded people of The Long Dark, and as people chimed in, I wanted to update the list of links to the music in question, but...I can't find the option to edit anywhere. Like, I have to be missing something. I've seen an almost exact duplicate of this particular forum setup before, and I know for a fact I could edit posts. Could someone help me out? Is it because I'm such a new member? I guess that'd be fair.

Thanks.

You only have a limited amount of time from your original post, to use the edit function. % minutes, I think (not 100% sure). It will be down at the bottom of your post right after you publish it. 

After that, just make a new post and update the info with a new post, lol. We don't mind long threads here. 

(Quick edit done to add the screenshot, before the edit function expires)Screenshot_376.thumb.png.0a3900af601a9bef54960eb0c860ce7c.png

Edited by ThePancakeLady
Added screenshot

Oh wow, I've never heard of anything like that before. That really sucks! It's going to screw with me, honestly. To give you an idea of what I was talking about, I went back and took a screenshot of how I posted another story to a different site.

Each one of those Parts was uploaded over the course of about two weeks. This is what I was hoping to go for with the Spoilers tag, so you just click on the post, and right there, in very first entry, would be the entire story, organized neatly like this, being updated as I write it, instead of having to go scrolling and looking through however many posts for a specific chapter. Presentation has become pretty important to me over the years as I've learned more and more about both how to do it, and how much it affects the perception of the media being presented itself.

Is there a specific reasoning for this? I'm guessing if it's baked into the site then it must be pretty immutable.

Example.thumb.png.ebfd438b1df2c69a7b62fed111965ba9.png