Getting a little bored now

The Intersect

Starting to wonder what to do next...

I don't want to rain on the parade, I'm enjoying the game and I love the idea of it, but...

I've now survived for 23 days or so, and I've got a sweet little set up, snares are catching me rabbits, I've stockpiled wood,

Supplies seem plentiful for now.

It feels like I'll literally just keep the fire going, eat the rabbits and venison, forage for some hardwood. Live. Eat. Repeat.

I think there needs to be something to freshen it up a little.... not sure what yet, but perhaps some problems to solve, snow drifts to clear so I can't stay in for days on end, or construct traps... dig pits to catch larger animals, something to add a little variety.

I agree too. I felt the same way you did, but on around day 55, both fishing lines broke, I lost some food (I just went away because I had too much and couldn't eat fast enough). Then my snares started to break / get lost and I started to run out of gut to make new snares. I've used up most of my cloth to repair clothes and I only have 6 bullets left. So just NOW, is the game starting to get interesting again...I'm starting to panic as I'm out of food and have no way to get more...after my 6 bullets things are going to get scarey. My favorite part of the game is when it first starts right away....and I really have to scramble to get organized. But for sure I agree with you; the game needs to be more interesting between day 10 and day 50. I don't want to just grind through to start to make it fun again...

It makes boring of too little world, wildlife and opportunity to hunt and craft some real resources. If we have a bow we can fight with wolfes. If we loose all rifle bullets, we have big risk of death. Devs said they have for us new part of the world and some new wildlife. Maby it makes some freshness in game.

It makes boring of too little world, wildlife and opportunity to hunt and craft some real resources. If we have a bow we can fight with wolfes. If we loose all rifle bullets, we have big risk of death. Devs said they have for us new part of the world and some new wildlife. Maby it makes some freshness in game.

I guess it is still Alpha after all, and the fact that the game is so damn stable in Alpha suggests the Dev's are really good at what they do. Larger maps and more wildlife will undoubtedly happen at some point, but the danger is that's just more of the same skinned a little differently. Hence my suggestion regarding some puzzles or objectives.

I like what Greavette says about the game getting tense again when supplies start to run out... I'm looking forward to seeing how I'll cope - Hope fully that's when I'll find the hidden location ;)

Overall I think the game shows great promise, especially since it's still in Alpha.

Starting to wonder what to do next...

I don't want to rain on the parade, I'm enjoying the game and I love the idea of it, but...

I've now survived for 23 days or so, and I've got a sweet little set up, snares are catching me rabbits, I've stockpiled wood,

Supplies seem plentiful for now.

It feels like I'll literally just keep the fire going, eat the rabbits and venison, forage for some hardwood. Live. Eat. Repeat.

I think there needs to be something to freshen it up a little.... not sure what yet, but perhaps some problems to solve, snow drifts to clear so I can't stay in for days on end, or construct traps... dig pits to catch larger animals, something to add a little variety.

Snow drifts that need to be cleared LOVE THAT IDEA!

I guess it is still Alpha after all, and the fact that the game is so damn stable in Alpha suggests the Dev's are really good at what they do. Larger maps and more wildlife will undoubtedly happen at some point, but the danger is that's just more of the same skinned a little differently. Hence my suggestion regarding some puzzles or objectives.

I like what Greavette says about the game getting tense again when supplies start to run out... I'm looking forward to seeing how I'll cope - Hope fully that's when I'll find the hidden location ;)

Overall I think the game shows great promise, especially since it's still in Alpha.

They do need to add depth.

And they will. The game is still in early alpha. They been working on the early-game experience (moving around, looting, clothing, eating, boiling water etc) and have only recently started to shift focus to more mid-game content (trapping, crafting etc). End-game content will come eventually.

I'm sure that in the end we will have lot's of things to do.

Archived