Wolves and stoves

pikkue

And a wood burning stove does smell the same as a campfire, so wolves should know it's a fire...

But if the wolves are afraid of stoves and they don't enter the fishing hut because of that, they will still trap you inside as they never leave once they know you're inside...

I went through the same ordeal. I reckoned I didn't want to burn loads of calories by hauling all the fish back to the Camp Office and so brought my bed roll with me. After gathering enough firewood and closing my eyes by the stove in the shack, I was violently roused by some cheeky wolf.

I suppose being able to board up the shack entrance would be a bit too much. I'd prefer a sled or pulk anyway.

I still disagree. An open shelter, such as the fishing huts, still gives opportunity for wolves to enter as well. The fire is enclosed in a pot stove, only casting heat and light (smell too, but the argument can be made that the smoke is carried up high via the smoke stack). A wolf will be less afraid of that than an open fire. I still say it should be a risk that one needs to take by sleeping outside.

I see, thats reasonable. Though I'm still of the oppinion a wolf is scared by a stove with fire.

Nevertheless this seems to be a subject that well allows discussions and in which a clear position is hard to find.

Devs decide, nice to discuss both sides still!

It's nice to find a forum containing people who like to share points, discuss and exchange opinions, feels very constructive here!

Archived