Feedback and Suggestions

Gierenhart

Dear Developers,

So far this game is awesome! I bought it on Steam a while ago, it's really wonderful. I love the feeling of the game, the harsch circumstances and the way you have to calculate every step you take.

I have some suggestions that I think might improve the game, or will make it more realistic. I am no survival expert, and might be wrong in this post. Please, correct me if I am. All I know is, I love this game and am looking forward to future updates. I hope many people enjoy it as much as I do.

Housekeeping:

- I would like to be able to move or remove some of the furniture or objects in buildings. Right now, there is a corpse in my base. It's not that I do not like my new pal, it's just that having corpses at room temperature doesn't benefit my precious health. Also, my mother doesn't want to visit when my roommate Alfred is home (Yes.. I named him, it's lonely here!).

- I am a hoarder, I would like to be able to move some boxes to my house for additional storage. Same with the backpacks I find lying around.

Resources:

-Some of the resources in the game are perhaps a bit too common to keep it challenging. More specific: Medicine, clothing, flares and tools like sewing and repair kits.

-It's also a bit too easy to steal a wolfs prey, all it takes is a flare to scare him off. And since the wolves make a lot of kills, the meat is easily to come by. Another thing is that the deer will let you come quite close, making it quite easy to kill them with the rifle.

- I would like to be able to build a shelter or customise an existing one. Not sure how this would work, but it's just a thought.

Preserving food:

- Can the outdoors be used as a freezer in some way?

- If we had a way to smoke or salt fish and meat, we could preserve it a bit longer.

Additional uses for resources:

- I would never throw away an empty tin or soda can. They can be used to make containers, fire transporting, making fish hooks or fishing lures, arrow heads, knives, etc.

- Bone and antilars are great materials to make a lot of tools.

- Clothing can be used for many things besides wearing. Make cordage, protect your head, use it to carry stuff around etc.

- Cloth can be made into great tinder, if you manage to make char cloth over a fire. Also, stuffing cloth in your clothing will protect you against some cold and wind.

- Newspapers can be put under your clothing to protect you from the wind. This is a trick professional cyclists use when going down a mountain.

- Ingesting charcoal will help getting toxins out of your body in cases of food poisoning. Also, it can be used in a water filter.

- Even without ammunition, a rifle is a great club to smack the big bad wolf with. A knife on a stick helps you poke a hole before the wolf starts chewing on your limbs.

Miscellaneous:

- Even in winter, there might be some plants under the snow that are edible or have other uses. Would be nice to have to some options there.

- Last of all, I think this game will need an additional threat in the sandbox mode. Once you find out how to deal with wolves, it's quite easy.

Cheers,

Gierenhart

I agree with most of these points. Especially the corpse inside of the camp office, I hate when it's there :P . I believe storing food outside does preserve food better.

I believe someone found that storing food on outside dead corpses was the best.. I personally don't do that but still.

I like the idea of plants...maybe even have it so that if you don't eat plants for awhile you get some sort of illness... I'm sure eating a purely protein diet would have some adverse affects after awhile.

Dear Developers,

So far this game is awesome! I bought it on Steam a while ago, it's really wonderful. I love the feeling of the game, the harsch circumstances and the way you have to calculate every step you take.

I have some suggestions that I think might improve the game, or will make it more realistic. I am no survival expert, and might be wrong in this post. Please, correct me if I am. All I know is, I love this game and am looking forward to future updates. I hope many people enjoy it as much as I do.

Housekeeping:

- I would like to be able to move or remove some of the furniture or objects in buildings. Right now, there is a corpse in my base. It's not that I do not like my new pal, it's just that having corpses at room temperature doesn't benefit my precious health. Also, my mother doesn't want to visit when my roommate Alfred is home (Yes.. I named him, it's lonely here!).

- I am a hoarder, I would like to be able to move some boxes to my house for additional storage. Same with the backpacks I find lying around.

Resources:

-Some of the resources in the game are perhaps a bit too common to keep it challenging. More specific: Medicine, clothing, flares and tools like sewing and repair kits.

-It's also a bit too easy to steal a wolfs prey, all it takes is a flare to scare him off. And since the wolves make a lot of kills, the meat is easily to come by. Another thing is that the deer will let you come quite close, making it quite easy to kill them with the rifle.

- I would like to be able to build a shelter or customise an existing one. Not sure how this would work, but it's just a thought.

Preserving food:

- Can the outdoors be used as a freezer in some way?

- If we had a way to smoke or salt fish and meat, we could preserve it a bit longer.

Additional uses for resources:

- I would never throw away an empty tin or soda can. They can be used to make containers, fire transporting, making fish hooks or fishing lures, arrow heads, knives, etc.

- Bone and antilars are great materials to make a lot of tools.

- Clothing can be used for many things besides wearing. Make cordage, protect your head, use it to carry stuff around etc.

- Cloth can be made into great tinder, if you manage to make char cloth over a fire. Also, stuffing cloth in your clothing will protect you against some cold and wind.

- Newspapers can be put under your clothing to protect you from the wind. This is a trick professional cyclists use when going down a mountain.

- Ingesting charcoal will help getting toxins out of your body in cases of food poisoning. Also, it can be used in a water filter.

- Even without ammunition, a rifle is a great club to smack the big bad wolf with. A knife on a stick helps you poke a hole before the wolf starts chewing on your limbs.

Miscellaneous:

- Even in winter, there might be some plants under the snow that are edible or have other uses. Would be nice to have to some options there.

- Last of all, I think this game will need an additional threat in the sandbox mode. Once you find out how to deal with wolves, it's quite easy.

Cheers,

Gierenhart

I really like the idea of adding more crafting options. It would give the longer survival guys the option to become self sustaining and something to do once a stockpile was created.

Archived