Drag sleds from locker doors?

Gazbeard

The answer to our overloading has been in front of us all this time - those broken off locker doors!

Bend them a bit about a quarter way along and add a loop of cable or rope to the bent-up bit ... and hey presto ... a drag sled for hauling your loot from one place to the next ... maybe even for a bit of recreation on the hill slopes ;)

Well it still raises a couple of potential implementation problems... the physics of a sled (crafted or improvised doesn't really mater), models and mechanics for dragging it/interacting with it, how to handle terrain (like steep slopes for example), and how to handle various other unique situations - like what does the player do when they are dragging a sled but they need to cross a narrow fallen tree trunk (natural bridge)?  What happens to the sled during and after an attack from wolf, bear, or moose?

I mean having a sled to tow is a good idea that's been on the wish lists for a long time... I think there are just a lot of things that would have to go into the implementation that make it a much bigger task to add than it may seem.

• Upvote 1

That's all true manic, I'm suggesting that rather than craft a sled from some of the more esoteric or technical routes previously suggested ... there is an existing "true to scavenger mode" opportunity within the game already - one that would require minimum crafting, and have sufficient source material as to be almost a throwaway item similar to the cost of a snow shelter or campfire.