Other survivial skills that would fit. Atleast in sandbox

TheUnknown

Well Been playing the game for a while and playing around in stalker  so far 40 days in first try(still going and still getting lost with every step lol). got lucky with the rifle. Well one thing got me thinking Ok so we got the well fed bonus that grants us the 11lbs extra weight carry as long as we keep eating and not get into starvation for a second. Well Since this is a survivval game and strength and endurance are pretty much a absolute need set of skills for surviving why not have them in game as the passive like skills. (rifle cleaning, sharpining etc) where The more you run the higher your endurance (of course max at 100 but gives you slight decrease in stamina use fatigue and such) But will kinda act like the feats in the sense that at 100 ya you will see the actual effect. as for strength carry the 66lbs (77 with well fed) for a while (1 in game day per level gain) again level 100 max. The level 100 strength giving you a plus +2 or 3 to carrying capacity (no more then +5 or else would make it to op)

Of course If Its a No from a majority of the players for having them as the secondary skills why not a feat That is really hard to get that kinda gives a bump in it. I know there is a feat for faster stamina regain but this would go with the other feats of using less. The feat could be named something like genetic lotto. Because of your bloodline you have been born with above normal strength and endurance.  The requirements for something like this feat if made into a feat instead of skills would require 2 challenages completed any 2. and earned the centurion achivement (survive 100 days single game)

I will admit the game is pretty much perfect with out these added in but idk just in a survival game something like that would fit perfectly.  Not to mention it would add in more ways to play. Do you choose to level endurance but burn through cals to get it for the chance of surviving an extra day or so in interloper? Do you carry your max amount of weight for an extra couple of pounds of carry weight for less trips of moving stuff?  Less back and forth between to points if they are added if you plan on going on a long trek because you could carry maybe an extra steak for eating or to use as a decoy or extra water. 

let me know what you think.

This kind of mechanic is very common in roleplaying games, and there it absolutely makes sense. I am not sure if I would enjoy it in TLD, since it makes the game EASIER the more skilled you get (and the late game is already way too easy). So, I would rather have options that make the end game harder ;)

Ya i know it would make it easier not that i want tld easier if i did i could just well wont say wont but ya there is ways or i could use custom settings. Thats why even fully maxed out they will only give you a small small boost small enough were its almost not worth it. instead of making 10 trips between bases you would make like 9 maybe 8 at most.  For all we know Hinterlands is planning on adding more in already since they seem to keep everything quiet about what they are doing until they say right out what they are doing in the mailbox. Heck if they do add both i would just be happy if all you got was 1 extra lb or = kg to carry weight for strength and maybe run an extra second without running out of stamina. or like i mentioned make it a feat that way its in for those that want to use it. But make it really really hard to get like the firemaster feat. i would be happy if they just added the skills with no affect at all.

Archived