Animated interactions

MarvinDC

What would the technical- and time- constraints required to update the loading bar interactions with animated ones?

Example: exiting a door means looking for two seconds at a loading bar. Why not animating it with a hand reaching for the door handle? Same for opening cans of food with a tool and then eating them. Harvesting animal would be the next example.

Right now a good majority of time is wasted looking at those loading bars and the inventory management is already taking way too much time.

Is this kind of quality of life upgrade doable with your current budget / animator skills / time?

Thanks for your time

I would agree about loading zones but all the other times the waiting time with the bar can be very useful in the event of the weather changing suddenly. There have been more than a few times I have been harvesting a carcass and hear the wind pick up and I cancel because I don't want to loss condition to freezing. 

Also it can also be useful when crafting items that take a long time to make, like cloths. As you can stop the bar at fractions of the hour and still have all the progress you made saved. I would do this a lot when crafting and cooking or boiling water at the same time.

Archived