Faithful Cartographer - How many locations?

peteloud

5 hours ago, peteloud said:

I have just spent the past several hours trying to find an abandoned snow shelter in FM, without success.  I searched the top left quarter, including Marsh Ridge, and found nothing.  (I use top left referring to the drawn map as I'm never sure which way is meant to be north).  I popped into Milton Basin to stock up on rose hips and food.  Then I returned to the red rail vans to search the lower right quarter.  At the start of that search I walked into a bear.  I survived, but damaged. Eventually I shot the bear with an arrow, and lost a few other arrows into the bargain.  I got to the hunters' blind finding nothing on the way there or back.  I then gave up to get back to the ML camp office to cure the bear and other hides.  So I am still stuck of 243 locations.

I had a great many sprains these past few days I am now running out of rose hips and pain-killers.

The abandoned snow shelters will start to decay (in much the same way the deer carcasses do) if you happened on it earlier and investigated it without mapping it.  It may just be a case that it's no longer there for you to map.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might be right about the snow shelters decaying and disappearing.  I am now past 850 days on this game, so many things will have deteriorated and be ruined or have disappeared.

A few minutes ago I finished another search of FM, all around the outside of the bog bit.  I didn't find any abandoned snow shelters but I found a few places where there was a burnt out fire, a small back pack, and a few bits of wood.  It seemed to me that there might have been a snow shelter there.

Archived