Bear Spear vs Wolfs

Blueshy

I'm a little irked that the spear does nothing against wolves. If you try to use it versus them they will begin to charge and then (magically) instantly stop mid charge and growl till you lose all your stamina then instantly recharge you from 5 feet away. You should be able to impale them and kill them. It's stupid that your character can't seem to keep a (less than) 9lb spear held at a 45 degree angle for more than 10 seconds. Why does planting a spear in the ground use more stamina than it not planted and running around with it? Makes no sense whatsoever. I'm very disappointed with the spear, seems it (again, magically) only works against bears charging you. I hope they decide to fix it and remove all stamina cost with planting and make it also work against wolves.

Wolves are nimble and have self preservation, angry bears have neither of the two.

Oh, it uses stamina? That explains why I could only use it for 1.5 or so seconds before canceling and getting mauled... I probably had no stamina

I think the spear works perfectly fine though, it has a specific task and takes skill to use properly.

Archived