Running For The Warmth

Ice Hole

While inside a cave you can run around to increase your temperature by one degree Celsius.  It needs further testing but you might  be able to run around and also warm a small area to further increase temperature.  Once a wind hits you the bonus is lost.  This was noticed quite some time ago (six to eight months, I might have commented on this in the test branch)  but the warmth bonus had a short duration and also was one degree.  Now the duration is longer.  Burn calories for warmth.  But I have not seen mention of it in the change log.

42 minutes ago, Nervous Pete said:

Sweat goes cold. Now you've got an icy layer

That is why clothing with proper layering should be introduced.  I used to cross back country skiing.  Climbed steep terrain learned how to use klister wax and found the climbing skins interesting.  The point is all that ascending is a work out.  The first layer allows moisture to escape.  Something non cotton.  Wool works because even wet it keeps you warm.  Polyester works as well.   The moisture just needs a path to escape.  The jacket was a shell that had vents that I could open and close.  Even just opening the front zipper works.  The moisture needs to escape.  The ride down required a warmer jacket.  This was in -20 Celsius prairie weather. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_skins

edit;

In my earlier days before becoming informed I tried to ski using a parka.  The damn thing froze semi solid and I took it off placed it on the ground.  It stood straight up, self supported.  The closest thing to compare to a frozen jacket is a wax jacket.

Archived