Twilight badge is gone

DragonHeart5

I have completed all the 4DON challenges up except for day 4 ofcourse. Yesterday i was awarded the Twilight badge after bunkering down and doing nothing for 2 houres in Quenston garage. I was able to see the badge in along with all the other badges, but when i check now the Twilight badge is gone and it has gone back to the locked version. Please help/explain what happend. I even have a screenshot of me getting the badge if needed.

20181029124820_1.jpg

What I think happened is you closed out of the game before it had a chance to save.  This same thing happened to me when I earned my Fire Master badge a couple years ago.  The "Badge Received" message appeared, but something happened that crashed my game, and the last time the game had saved was when I entered a house the previous day.  I had to re-light several hundred fires to get the badge to pop a second time, then immediately went indoors, triggering an autosave, and the badge was then permanent.

5 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

What I think happened is you closed out of the game before it had a chance to save.  This same thing happened to me when I earned my Fire Master badge a couple years ago.  The "Badge Received" message appeared, but something happened that crashed my game, and the last time the game had saved was when I entered a house the previous day.  I had to re-light several hundred fires to get the badge to pop a second time, then immediately went indoors, triggering an autosave, and the badge was then permanent.

Yeah i thought the same but the thing is that when you complete the daily task your game auto saves so it cant be that i quit and it didnt save

Just now, DragonHeart5 said:

Yeah i thought the same but the thing is that when you complete the daily task your game auto saves so it cant be that i quit and it didnt save

Well it's possible I just didn't notice, but I haven't seen it auto-save when the daily task is complete.  Assuming I make it through tomorrow I will make a point to check.  Although it'll kind of be a moot point then...meh I'm still curious enough to check.

Just now, ajb1978 said:

Well it's possible I just didn't notice, but I haven't seen it auto-save when the daily task is complete.  Assuming I make it through tomorrow I will make a point to check.  Although it'll kind of be a moot point then...meh I'm still curious enough to check.

well i did get a auto save on the 3e day and i remeber something like that happening before, so i dont know a 100% but i think it did save every day. And i think i also slept after getting the badge so that would be a double save.

Oh I had a thought just now...hypothetically you might be able to still get both the Twilight and Midnight badges if you start a second 4DON game before today ends.  If you survive day 3 and 4 on the new save, it should re-triggrer the Twilight badge.  Then just sleep for an hour or whatever to trigger an autosave for good measure.  Then on your primary game, just get through tomorrow, and that should trigger the Midnight badge, since the save already has the first two days complete.

Just now, ajb1978 said:

Oh I had a thought just now...hypothetically you might be able to still get both the Twilight and Midnight badges if you start a second 4DON game before today ends.  If you survive day 3 and 4 on the new save, it should re-triggrer the Twilight badge.  Then just sleep for an hour or whatever to trigger an autosave for good measure.  Then on your primary game, just get through tomorrow, and that should trigger the Midnight badge, since the save already has the first two days complete.

yeah that is a idea, but i dont know if i can with the wolfs out now. But i dont think i will get the midnight badge either because if it bugged out en deleted my twilight badge i may think i never completed day 1 and 2.

It would definitely be a challenge getting to a survivable point starting today, but not impossible.  If it were me I'd give it a shot, but I would be playing it as safe as possible.  Searching for just the bare minimum needed to survive, and rationing it at the expense of condition just to wait out the clock.

2 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

It would definitely be a challenge getting to a survivable point starting today, but not impossible.  If it were me I'd give it a shot, but I would be playing it as safe as possible.  Searching for just the bare minimum needed to survive, and rationing it at the expense of condition just to wait out the clock.

Well the thing is that i can complete the day 4 challenge with ease, so then i will have survived for 2 days again and get the twilight badge and if i am lucky i get the Midnight badge at the same time. But i think my save is bugged because if day 2 didnt save i should have gotten the badge to day when i completed day 3. So there go my badges.

Ahh yes, good point...days 3 and 4 do add up to 2 days lol. Well hopefully the game will run multiple checks, and award badges accordingly.  With luck you might get twilight and midnight at the same time.

Whatever happens...remember to trigger an autosave just to be sure!

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

Ahh yes, good point...days 3 and 4 do add up to 2 days lol. Well hopefully the game will run multiple checks, and award badges accordingly.  With luck you might get twilight and midnight at the same time.

Whatever happens...remember to trigger an autosave just to be sure!

Yeah thank you, i will double save for sure. And i realy hope i get both badges because i have put a lot of houres in this challange.

Archived