Wildlife detection range

Kilkegard

So I started playing survival mode recently.  I've started on easier settings.  With the wildlife detection range set to its lowest setting, it seems ridiculously easy to get close to deer and rabbits.  I've experimented with medium and it still seems a bit easy to get relatively close.  If I go for far will I be asking for wolf trouble?  Or are the wildlife scent range and smell increase from meat\blood more important.  ANyone have any insight to share?

Are you just walking normally, or crouched and in "stealth mode"?  I'm pretty sure the wildlife detection setting only applies when you're walking or running around, and making noise.  So whether the wildlife detection is set to close or far doesn't matter if you're crouched and moving quietly.  Scent is a little different than wildlife detection.  Wolves will pick up on the scent and start heading towards you, although they haven't officially detected you yet until they move within the detection radius.  So if you're out on open ice or something and can see the wolf coming from a long ways away, you might be able to sprint far enough that it loses the scent before it actually notices you.

In any event, yes, setting wildlife detection to far will result in a lot more wolves stalking you.

Archived