Whetstone needs work

2Long2Dark

Not trying to be a D-hole, but just suggesting a tweak of the just barely not useless whetstone:

If you just look at the whetstone logically, it really doesn't work. After playing the game for about only 30 hours now, the whetstone is still only capable of sharpening my hatchet by 4% which uses strangely 5% of the whetstone. So when my hatchet reaches 4% it's going to take 24 uses of the whetstone to get it back to 100%, which BTW is neither how whetstones nor even sharpness works. But the whetstone only has 20 uses so after sharpening my hatchet 20 times, it still isn't sharp???.... uh.....

But if the sharpness fell much more after each use and the whetstone repaired to 100% each time, it would then at least make sense because you would still get 20 uses out of the whetstone (which is laughably low for even garbage whetstones), and you would still get only so many uses out of the hatchet, but it would take away the "click-urbation" of incessant repairing in one fell time consuming swoop. And I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only person who sharpens this way as there is no incentive at all to do otherwise.

Anyway, hope I didn't come off as too cranky. Great game! 9/10 #MakeWhetstonesGreatAgain

20180726120433_1.jpg

Archived