Well, now I just feel like an idiot... (paranoia edition)

virodhi

When I first saw a let's play of this game, I couldn't fire up Steam fast enough. Survival vs. the elements, rather than zombies? Where do I sign up? I do love me some winter. And so I spent a couple playthroughs trundling happily along and getting killed*.

Over time, I decided the Dam was a pretty great stopping point between points A and B (can you see where this is going yet?) and so there I am, rooting through lockers when... growl? Er...hello? Death by wolf ensues, mostly because I'm too shocked by one appearing indoors to gather my wits and fight back. Cue me dying over the next couple playthroughs because I'm too paranoid to stay inside houses for too long, because apparently wolves spawn indoors now! Even when I do venture inside, I spend the whole time jumping at shadows and flinching whenever the wind howls as it picks up outside.

Today, I find the forums. Today, I learn about Fluffy. I may have taught my cat interesting new words. Of course, I guess I just proved someone's point about survival being as much about psychology as preparedness.

* Often because I was too busy going "ooh, pretty!" at the scenery to pay attention to my status/where I was going/furry death. Kudos to the artists, the REAL silent killers of the game.

I remember my first encounter with fluffy, had my rifle... Wasted 4 bullets and 2 flares trying to see and shoot but still got pounced, ended up surviving thankfully, but then I ate fluffy only to end up with food poisoning. Whether I survived or not, Fluffy got the last laugh.

Fluffy is the man. He is always welcome to join.

I can still remember entering with a rifle but with no bluets, rushing my way directly to the safe and throwing 2 flares right outside the room.

Fluffy was angry whilst cracking the safe, but lucky me, a fresh 5 rounds inside the safe tough Fluffy a valuable lesson.

Not to afraid of fire.

Fluffy is the man. He is always welcome to join.

I can still remember entering with a rifle but with no bluets, rushing my way directly to the safe and throwing 2 flares right outside the room.

Fluffy was angry whilst cracking the safe, but lucky me, a fresh 5 rounds inside the safe tough Fluffy a valuable lesson.

Not to afraid of fire.

Apparently also true about wolves...

090925-ninja-cant-fire.png

I was definitely glad to see the addition of the broken window, reservoir-side, on the dam.

Archived