Destructible environment

Mystery guy

Remember how they added the ability to break furniture? What if we could either destroy ever single items ( paper on the ground, fallen doors backpacks and what not. And wouldn’t it be neat if you could right-click furniture and move it just like any other item?

15 minutes ago, Mystery guy said:

Remember how they added the ability to break furniture? What if we could either destroy ever single items ( paper on the ground, fallen doors backpacks and what not. And wouldn’t it be neat if you could right-click furniture and move it just like any other item?

Good luck trying to move a bunkbed in the Cabin Office when you struggle to carry 40 kg on your back ;)

Seriously though, as the game continues to develop, I wouldn't be surprised if more and more items can become destructible. However, it won't go too far to the point where we can build/move walls of wood around in order to build & rebuild our shelters.

2 hours ago, EricTheGreat12 said:

Seriously though, as the game continues to develop, I wouldn't be surprised if more and more items can become destructible. However, it won't go too far to the point where we can build/move walls of wood around in order to build & rebuild our shelters.

Agree! There are enough sandbox/survival games out there with 'base-building' mechanics.  I personally wouldn't want to see that creep too heavily into The Long Dark.

I do often find it odd that we can't destroy or even move empty backpacks though :D 

Pls let us break papers on the floor like the ones at the camp office to "clean up" but no  base building or any of that                                                                                                                                               

20 hours ago, Klobberthon said:

I do often find it odd that we can't destroy or even move empty backpacks though :D 

I think the problem here is that bags really serve no purpose, other than to carry an item of food or two before the player discovers it. Unfortunately however, it seems that with the recent Milton Mailbags that backpacks will never be useful further into the game's development :(

17 hours ago, Mystery guy said:

Im mean the stuff you can reasonably move, like a metal shelf of wheel barrow and what not

It's been put in the game that you can break wheel barrow's, but I don't see a purpose in having to move that kind of item.

Archived