Revert Animal Behavior While Passing Time

Rumpo

On 7/4/2018 at 3:52 AM, Kaisentlaia said:

What about having the character say something on the line of "What was that noise?" when an animal walks nearby, and having the time acceleration slow down for a few seconds to allow the player to cancel the action before the animals gets too close for comfort?

Also a good idea. The more time that passes the more I'm willing to accept that I don't have the answer, but I still don't feel the current system is a good one. Like the rest of us, I can master the mechanic, but I'd also like to see this evolve over time and become a bit more rewarding. Put a bit more control in the player's hands, perhaps as you've suggested.

19 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I like that animals move quicker during passed time.  It certainly adds another danger to the game.  Unless I'm absolutely sure I'm harvesting in a safe place, I'll crouch and drop all decoys then harvest a small amount at a time - 1 kg of meat, 1 gut, etc.  When I come out of harvesting, I hit the decoy key to drop it all and take a quick look around, then repeat until I get it all.

I do it the same way - it's probably the safest thing to do. And I also like the real-time motion of animals, but I agree with OP that unpredictable attacks against a defenseless player, if they still happen, don't add to the enjoyment of the game.

Archived