E3 2018

nicko

I wouldn’t recommend that they attend the event this year: if they don’t release the new update by E3, then they’ll have nothing to show for. 

They are in the process of redoing Story Mode and the upcoming update is minor compared to others already released. They could go to E3 and try to sell their game, but I don’t think that the timing is right for them. 

@nicko Raph posted this on his Twitter:

" TBH, very happy to *not* be part of the upcoming E3 madness. We were there with #thelongdark in 2015 and our game just isn't right for a noisy show floor. Not sure any game we make ever will be. Best of luck to everyone else who's prepping for it, though! EmergenC is your friend! "

I'm not surprised they aren't doing it. Considering that they have had only 1 product throughout the last 5 years and they won't be releasing the update till the end of the month, they wouldn't attract a lot of people anyways; E3 is better for big companies that release 2-3 games a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I agree on that. And by skipping it more time can be spend on other development and media productivity.

Besides this I prefer studios that release less games each 2-3 years but with better quality. And I especially prefer publishers that don't rush releases.
I'm looking at you Electronic Arts. 9_9

Archived