Cutting board + related ideas

Klobberthon

We can already 'split' stacks of meat into smaller pieces (or even tiny bits for bait) by eating/harvesting and canceling part of the way through.  This feels more like a work-around than an actual game mechanic.  So my suggestion is to have a craft-able cutting board (or just the ability to cut meat maybe?).  This would allow us to do our butchering properly.

Furthermore, as I'm sure it's been noted many times in the forums, it is annoying that we can't choose what gets dropped by the decoy hot-key.  The fix for this issue would go along well with the cutting board because the game's mechanics would be encouraging the player to intentionally cut small bits of meat to strategically drop as decoys/bait.  So just give the option to mark meat in inventory as 'decoy priority'.

Final related thought: the 'cutting board' could go well with other homemaking ideas like craft-able bed, drying racks, pelt decorations, storage containers, etc.  While some of these ideas would likely need to be disabled for the higher difficulties, I think they would add to the interest and replay value for pilgrim and voyager.

Cheers!

I like the idea of a "cutting board" or meat processing station, perhaps with animations if possible for when I am harvesting rabbits in my player base.  In some of the locations you occasionally find a cupboard door broken off and sitting on the counter, i like to use that to lay a piece of meat on it along with a hunting knife to give it that visual appearance of meal prep.  I probably spend a disproportionate time of my game play with "staging" my player home.  Got love the item pickup and placement mechanic of TLD, yeah sure still some limitations but better that many other games with similar characteristics.

Archived