I hope for recipes in the upcoming update

thekillergreece

As you guys saw, the cooking system is now changing and it will be based of real time. This feature was originally in the roadmap.

I am looking forward to craft recipes to pack the character's calories full :o. For example... Pizza, potatoes with meat, burrito, etc.. New food items.

Im hoping they didnt make cooking times super short, instead they should just make the food "simmer" and unable to burn if you go over the cooking time while crafting.

If they make the cooking times too short, we'll have to stare at the food anyways. 

Some mushroom and rabbit stew would be really nice. Im always swimming in mushrooms.

We still need a rabbit hat as well...

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Alaqella said:

I would imagine that we could perhaps mix two foods together to make one 'super' food that has more calories combined?

This sparks an interesting topic, 

Perhaps other than more calories the super food gives the player a buff? Kind of like the warming up buff, or the restful sleep buff. Such as:

(Bear+wolf) Hardy: higher resistance to wolf/bear struggles 

(Rabbit+Mushrooms) Energized: slightly faster stamina recovery or perhaps slowed less by oncoming wind?

(Fish+cattail+rose hips)  Nourished: high vitamin C, omega 3s and green stuff increases focus and therefore more time before rifle/bow sways and slowed less by fatigue?

Idk, Im no cook and these might not really fit TLD, but it is fun to think about.

Maybe just a buff to your character's psychological well-being, and warming up will do.

Archived