blood trails and wolves

alunasmoon

i dont know if this is a current issue or the wolves that i stab in the gut with an arrow just happen to have their blood clot super fast -_- but i have noticed in my latest run currently at like 200 day when i was hunting i would hit the wolf it would run now im a very bad shot mind you so sometimes i question if i have hit it so i go pick up my arrows again bad shot and a lot of time i dont pay attention to how may i let off , well i fallow the wolf for a short bit he still runs and walks normal for like ever and then all of a sudden he starts to limp again no blood at all no trail nothing, now it dies no big deal didn't loose it but then the next wolf i go after i know i hit it saw the blood fly up everything i run after it again no blood it was running towards jack rabbit island i run after following right where it was running no blood until i get to the snow then i start to see drops??? im so confused i have yet to actually need to hunt deer yes (wolves keep killing them for me) so i haven't see if its all the animals or just the wolves. im just super confused and would like to know if the wolves have a super genetic allowing them to clot instantaneously and that the one that did bleed if that was dude to a genetic defect due to inbreeding?

I use the bow & arrow on wolves exclusively and here's what I have observed:

If I hit the wolf with an arrow but the arrow doesn't stay in the wound, the wolf will not die.

If I hit the wolf and the arrow stays in the wolf, the wolf will be mortally wounded and WILL die...eventually.

In the latter case, it's important to track the wolf and find it, not because you need the wolf necessarily, but because you'll want to retrieve your precious arrow. You don't want to have to keep running to the forge to make arrowheads just because you let a wolf walk away into the abyss with your arrow.

21 hours ago, Meat said:

I use the bow & arrow on wolves exclusively and here's what I have observed:

If I hit the wolf with an arrow but the arrow doesn't stay in the wound, the wolf will not die.

If I hit the wolf and the arrow stays in the wolf, the wolf will be mortally wounded and WILL die...eventually.

In the latter case, it's important to track the wolf and find it, not because you need the wolf necessarily, but because you'll want to retrieve your precious arrow. You don't want to have to keep running to the forge to make arrowheads just because you let a wolf walk away into the abyss with your arrow.

Heh couldn't agree more I had one die on me with my arrow on Forlorn and when I went to retrieve my arrow it was in a spot with weak ice , good thing the forge was near by as I had to leave that one LOL

Archived