Xbox One disappearing saves

frontdeskjess

Three days ago I got the quest in Episode 2 to kill the bear.  I slept and the save icon appeared, and then I quit the game.  The next day I went to load my game and the save point it loaded was mid-way through collecting wood for Grey Mother.  I replayed the rest of Episode 1 and continued to Episode 2. I received the quest to retrieve medical supplies for Jeremiah, slept to save the game, left his cabin, came back in and slept again to be sure it saved and then I quit.  Today I went to load my game and I am back to finding food for Grey Mother.  I haven't turned off my Xbox in the middle of playing or had any type of system errors so I don't understand why I keep losing hours of playing time.  This isn't the first time my saves have been messed up but I've never lost this much progress and it's getting super frustrating.

@frontdeskjess let me save you your time. this problem here (on the forum) just do not decide. a representative of hinterland will say that he is very sorry that everything happened so. then he will ask you about the version of your game (out of courtesy). and then ask you to draw up an bug report here. or turn directly to the support here (support@hinterlandgames.com).

Every time TLD starts up it pulls down the save game data from the cloud and writes over anything on your harddrive.  Every time TLD is exited properly it is supposed to upload all save data to the same cloud and write over anything that was there.  Its a very basic and unfriendly system.

Your problem seems to be in the second part of the cycle.  New data is not getting up to the cloud, so when you start a new session all you see is your old data.  But all I can offer is understanding.  Not solutions.  I don't know why you might be having that trouble.

2 hours ago, frontdeskjess said:

Three days ago I got the quest in Episode 2 to kill the bear.  I slept and the save icon appeared, and then I quit the game.  The next day I went to load my game and the save point it loaded was mid-way through collecting wood for Grey Mother.  I replayed the rest of Episode 1 and continued to Episode 2. I received the quest to retrieve medical supplies for Jeremiah, slept to save the game, left his cabin, came back in and slept again to be sure it saved and then I quit.  Today I went to load my game and I am back to finding food for Grey Mother.  I haven't turned off my Xbox in the middle of playing or had any type of system errors so I don't understand why I keep losing hours of playing time.  This isn't the first time my saves have been messed up but I've never lost this much progress and it's getting super frustrating.

The first step you'll want to try is a full power cycle to resync with the cloud - instructions can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If that doesn't solve the issue, reach out to support@hinterlandgames.com, so we can get more details on this problem. :coffee:

6 hours ago, selfless said:

Every time TLD starts up it pulls down the save game data from the cloud and writes over anything on your harddrive.  Every time TLD is exited properly it is supposed to upload all save data to the same cloud and write over anything that was there.  Its a very basic and unfriendly system.

It is easier to disable synchronization with the cloud and use only local storage, no?

Archived