Possible Indoor Lighting Bug? Or Intended feature?

ShieldHeart

Hey there, 
There's a post submitted at the TLD subreddit outlining a possible bug (or feature?) that I'm also curious about. Link here. I haven't seen any mention of something like this in the bug database.  
Is it possible to get an answer from Hinterland here on whether these indoor light differences are a bug or an intentional feature somehow? If it is a bug, is there an upcoming fix planned as of now? 

Cheers and thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Any chance we will be able to get an answer for this and whether there may be a solution for this in the December update? 

Having looked a bit further into this, I believe it is a bug rather than part of any intended feature, though it would be great to have a comment from a Hinterland Dev/Associate, thanks again!

2 hours ago, ShieldHeart said:

Any chance we will be able to get an answer for this and whether there may be a solution for this in the December update? 

Having looked a bit further into this, I believe it is a bug rather than part of any intended feature, though it would be great to have a comment from a Hinterland Dev/Associate, thanks again!

Indoor lighting is influenced by a number of factors that could make it different between two different locations, even if both are during a blizzard. If you haven't already, my suggestion would be to submit this to our JIRA database here: https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues/TLDP-4422?filter=allopenissues

This is always the best place to submit reports like this on things you observe in the game, so the testing team gets a look at it. Thanks!

I am having this exact same problem! I came to the forums looking for an answer. I just came back to playing TLD after being away from it for a while and was starting off in pleasant valley. I noticed that the farmstead and signal hill were so bright I could see just fine, exactly like your screenshot, even in the middle of the night. I remember from when I used to play all inside places were pitch black in the middle of the night. Weirdly, at the same time, the barn at the outbuildings is super dark inside even in the middle of the day. Much more so than it used to be, or should be on a sunny afternoon.

Another thing I noticed is that when I go to the brightness adjustment in the options, at 100% the wolf and the logo appear really bright and clear. Going to the minimum of 50 I can still see both clearly.

Did you see the same thing with the brightness slider?

Something is definitely not right.

I did some more trying out of things, so it seems to be pretty much like this.

Any of the new places where the interior was done over with Wintermute, like the camp office, or the lake cabins in Mystery Lake, the lighting is perfect, really nice actually! The day times are bright as you would expect, the nights are pitch black, and it darkens really nicely as the day gets late and turns into night, and brightens nice over time in the morning.

The old interiors that were not updated, like signal hill, the farmstead, houses in coastal highway, and so on, are the ones with this problem. They look fine during the day if not a bit overly dark, but at night they all have this fake blueish lighting that lets you see pretty much just fine. The weird thing is it is actually easier in some of these places to see into dark corners and so on at night than during the day. That's because this fake blue night lighting is even and the same all through the house, where as the day lighting has bright spots and dark shadows from the lighting from the windows.

I really hope they go back and put the new lighting into all the old places too. The new lighting is great!! This fake blue night lighting though is driving me crazy.

Archived