Psycho Sherpa Challenge

RossBondReturns

I've played a number of user created challenges, but recently I took a breather from my Earthquake in the Ravine Challenge and came up with my own.

PsychoSherpaAnnounce.thumb.jpg.e126b030e71c77a6705ff1f1cc6f889b.jpg

This is not a challenge for speedsters it is a challenge for survivors.

For a more detailed breakdown of what the Challenge entails you can visit my Long Dark Blog right here:

All About the Psycho Sherpa Challenge!

About the Challenge

Starting in the difficulty of your choice in Pleasant Valley the backstory is that you are tired of the false advertising of PV and want to head to the Promised Land of Desolation Point to set up a new base at the Beacon of Hope- the DP Lighthouse. Since you are, crazy...psycho even...you want to arrive with at least 50 Kilos of equipment. And the best equipment is on the Summit of Timberwolf Mountain.

Once you have 50 Kilos of equipment you must make you way, over-encumbered, to the DP Lighthouse...and toss a lit flare from the top of the Lighthouse Cupola.

Specific Rules:

You can be over-encumbered before you make it to TWM leave any excess supplies in the Abandoned Prepper Cache.

You must break every crate in the plane as some will hold supplies. After this you can select your equipment, remembering you are ostensibly setting up a new base at the end of your journey.

You cannot leave the summit with less than 50 kilos of equipment.

En-route you can pick up or exchange equipment as you head into buildings or fishing huts.

You can finish with more than 50 kilos...but you cannot finish with less than 50 kilos.

Important things to remember!

Once you leave the Summit you must always have at least 50 kilos of equipment.

You will find yourself learning how to descend near vertical cliffs.

You will also find yourself potentially walking at a slower pace than the bears in the world.

This is not a challenge for speedsters...you win this challenge if you're able to complete it.

For the record:

It took me attempts to complete it on Voyageur, I was not going to post this until I could do it myself.

I will be uploading the entirety of the LP over the next day and a bit...or maybe it will all be up by the end of the day.

I hope you'll attempt this challenge- I also hope you find it to be a challenge.

I wanted my first challenge to flip the idea of challenges on it's head, not many are longer/slower challenges.

So try it out and let me know what you think, and good luck!

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

Interesting idea!

funny-pictures-this-mission-is-going-slowly.jpg.50de4ffdc19c299b24a87830aee0acad.jpg

True dat!

It teaches patience, planning, route management, how to go down vertical cliffs w/o ropes.

I think the most important thing it teaches is predator awareness and pathing.

That said I knew it wasn't for everyone, especially those that don't like to play encumbered.

I love how nerve-wracking it gets once you hit Coastal Highway and beyond. Bears can walk faster than you. :D

I'm working on a slightly more normal challenge next.

Oh thanks for stopping by and my complete Voyageur run is available now. Working on my Stalker Run.

Archived