Voice dialog durring choice conversations

Stedmister

As I playing through Wintermute, it seems strange not to have voice dialog for the initial conversations, and only have it in cut scenes, seems to be somewhat of a disconnect. I get there's text to read, but it seem more immersive if the characters actually spoke.

7 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

So just voices without animation? Yeah I could see this. Or a very crude mouth movement animation. That's all.

Someone said something about this, I forget who. They described that this would look something like they were communicating through telepathy, which would look extremely strange given they'd just been talking normally. And I can't really disagree with that lol. 9_9

2 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Someone said something about this, I forget who. They described that this would look something like they were communicating through telepathy, which would look extremely strange given they'd just been talking normally. And I can't really disagree with that lol. 9_9

it looks weird now that there communicating via text :P

11 hours ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

Yeah true, but it doesn't have to be a cutscene. You could do simple mouth movements like they are in the 2D animated cutscenes. Very crude, but still something.

11 hours ago, Stedmister said:

I'm not saying animate, I'm saying just add voice dialog, other games have done this

That would be weird though, just voice without any mouth movements? It would be like mind-to-mind communication or something. At least it would seem like that.

Archived